Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Well Run Dry

I have not had the best experience with my writing lately. I have spent so much time doing rewrites, critiques and editing on my last novel that I feel as if I have forgotten how to write! Isn't that a shame?

To make it worse, my laptop's motherboard decided to stop working on me. I am so out of sorts I am not sure what I can do!

I put my mind on vacation by reading a full blown 500 paged novel, thinking that would do the trick. Nothing. Maybe another book and another until I feel my creativity creeping up on me?

What do you do when you encounter the writing blues?

3 comments:

  1. How frustrating! My motherboard died a few months ago and we can't afford to fix the problem. I'm lost without my favorite tool. Out of sorts describes my mood too.

    As for writing, when I forget how to write, I have to stop trying too hard. I'll often do something else creative - sewing, needlework, scrapbooking. This seems to get the creative juices flowing and soon I have the itch to write again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing that with me! I feel so good that I am in good company! If only you lived close by we can get together and sew or scrapbook and discuss our motherboard blues!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on your blog! You are keeping it up so much better than I do mine and you've got some good stuff on here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!