Friday, October 9, 2009

Loving My Critique Group


My writing life has been extremely lonesome. I've prayed and prayed and prayed, wondering if my drought would ever end. So many tears have I known.

I started my writing career way back in the early days of my youth. I started my first full blown manuscript in 1991. I started searching for writers who would welcome me warmly into their arms.

I've searched high and low. Far and wide. Near and yonder.

And I prayed some more.

Then, slowly, one by one, the Lord has generously provided me with wonderful friends until so many poured in all at once, my cup is running over. So wonderful that I think to pinch myself and ask, "is this real?"

We have recently formed a critique group, today being our 3rd week anniversary!

I am humbled to be in the company of such artfully talented writers who love me as much as their writing!

Love you, guys!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Glad you found such a good fit for a critique group. I hope your group will enjoy many more anniversaries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have a group. I was in the same position you were and have had my pleadings answered too. :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!