Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Making New Friends


I got this from a fun little handout about friends and friendships for my kids. You can print it up and have it for Family Home Evening, think about all your friends in your life and see where they fit. OR, (I like this) you can have this as a checklist for a your main characters as you write. You choose! Here it goes!

Wheeeee!

Here are a few helpful hings to making new friends:

1. Listen when someone is talking to you.
2. Ask questions to find out more about the person.
3. Give sincere compliments to others.
4. Don't be afraid to speak in front of a group. This is a good way to share with lots of people at once.
5. Share your ideas with others. Don't be afraid to speak up.

Are Your Friends Cool or Cruel?

Cool kids: ............................................................Cruel kids:

Keep secrets ....................................................... Share your secret with others
Keep promises.....................................................Don't listen to you
Really listen to you..............................................Talk behind your back
Stand up for you.................................................Leave you out
Include you in a group........................................Are jealous when you do well
Are happy when you do well................................Complain about others
Are fun to be with...............................................Are not aware of your feelings
Think of your feelings.........................................Want to get you into trouble
Care about what happens to you..........................Make fun of you
Are nice to you.................................................... Are stingy
Are generous

I honestly feel that these traits apply to adults as well. I hope this has been helpful and fun as well! :)

6 comments:

  1. That's cool that your kids gave that to you. =] Good kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - I'm definitely printing it. thanks for sharing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you! Here is the link to Valor's contest...
    http://valorpublishing.blogspot.com/2009/12/how-to-succeed-with-book-launch-event.html

    Dalen giggled (do teen boys giggle?) and blushed and uh, asked a bunch of questions on who she was. He wouldn't come right out and tell his mom she was pretty--but yeah, you could tell he was DEFINITELY interested. Then I made the mistake of telling him she was my height. He was like, What? And she's only 13? How come girls are soo lucky!? But he did ask more about her later too... so we'll see. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love this list. So true. And a great list to compare our characters to. So, you left a comment on my blog about being from Brigham City, which is where my husband grew up. He wants to know if your husband's name is Corey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenni! How cute! I guess a boy in 'like' WOULD giggle, you think? (Sorry about the height thing, poor Dalen!) He'll catch up, there's no doubt!

    Kasie, my hubby's name is Michael...It would have been nice though, to be connected to you in some way! :( Can't wait to meet Jenni's wonderful friends!!!

    hugs!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!