Friday, December 25, 2009

Ready for Him

I was asked by Christine from my Mormon Mommy Writers blog to be the guest blogger today. I found it very fitting to write this poem here by an unknown author given to my daughter from YW. It is so sweet. Let me know what you think and how you feel about Christmas!

"Ready for Christmas," she said with a sigh,
As she gave a last touch to the gifts piled high.
Then wearily sat for a moment and read,
Until soon, very soon, she was nodding her head.
Then quietly spoke a voice in her dream,
"Ready for Christmas, what do you mean?
Ready for Christmas when only last week,
You wouldn't acknowledge your friend on the street?
Ready for Christmas while holding a grudge?
Perhaps you'd better let God be the judge."
She woke with a start and cry of despair.
"There's so little time and I've still to prepare.
Oh Father! Forgive me, I see what you mean.
To be ready means more than a house swept clean.
Yes, more than the giving of gifts and a tree.
It's the heart swept clean that He wanted to see.
A heart that is free from bitterness and sin.
So be ready for Christmas--and Ready for Him."

I spent about an hour searching for a painting of the ten virgins because
I feel it would fit perfectly. Will we be ready for Christ when He comes again?
I came across the video below from LDS.org. It left me crying because it fits so
well both messages that I have written for this very special day.

The Christmas Spirit

Merry Christmas, my friends.

5 comments:

  1. Very beautiful poem. I love it. I love that picture of you on Christine's blog. I don't think anyone has a right to be that beautiful. It certainly isn't fair!

    Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Lizzie. That is a truly fitting poem and I can see how it inspired you.

    I hope you and your family were prepared for Christmas and found your hearts not just swept clean, but full of love and light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I am so grateful for the many friends I have been blessed with. Thank you for your friendship, Melissa and Laura!
    Merry Christmas to you, too!!
    hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poem Lizzy!! You are so talented and a well of inspiration inside seems to be infinite..keep going..don't ever lose that aura..Merry Christmas..hugs.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this poem. It was sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!