Sunday, January 31, 2010

Honest Scrap Award


I am so flattered that Courtney Reese chose me as one of her victims of the Honest Scrap Award! Woohoo! Thank you Courtney!

Since she chose 10 fun and honest facts to share about herself, I would think she'd appreciate that I do the very same. So, here it goes:

  1. I believe I am honest to a fault
  2. I've had many people take my energy as sarcasm and not genuine interest
  3. I love to help people and make lots of friends
  4. I love children with all of my heart and NEVER take for granted that I am a stay-at-home mommy
  5. It drives my mother-in-law absolutely NUTS that I am always wearing black (I feel safer in black and I have no idea why)
  6. When I first got married, our relationship took a severe nosedive--15 years later, it has never been better! Woot!
  7. I don't know how to ride a bike and am embarrassed to try--imagine a grown woman like me trying to learn? LOL
  8. I enjoy being a stay-at-home mother and never once have regretted that choice!
  9. I freeze when I have to speak in front of a large group and hope that I don't do that when ever the day comes that I am a panelist at a writers conference
  10. I have had many dreams where I am trapped in a HUGE building of some kind--either alone or with a group of people--and there are hunters in search of me to kill me. Only a few of those was I able to defeat but no longer have them IF I remember to pray for sweet dreams on a nightly basis!
I really appreciate Courtney's thoughtfulness, so I will return the favor by choosing 5 others! Muahahahaha! >)

What was the coolest award you've gotten for your blog and how did it make you feel?

I am sorry for my disorganization with the way I handled the announcement of my contest. :( I will do better next time, but I will post and notify the winner at 4 pm! Thank you for making it fun for me!

4 comments:

  1. Last week I got my first and second blog awards. They are the Silver Lining Award and the Creative Writing Award. It made me feel good to get two awards in one week and have them be those awards. I do agree that there are like a million of them floating around...but you never know what the littlest gesture will do to make someone else happy and inspired.

    I cannot wait to see who the winner is, but never apologize for the way you present your own contest. Who cares if you were disorganized or not as eloquent as you think you should've been... It's your damn contest, if people don't like it they don't need to enter.

    I for one loved the way you presented it and let's both work on over-apologizing, sorry, but I do it too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lizzie! And congratulations on the award!

    As for the bike riding, if you think about it, in the victorian age, most people never learned to ride a bike UNTIL they were adults. So you're just in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jonathan! Just love those thoughtful moments from others! Sorry for apologizing too much! ;)

    Laura, you are most welcome and thank you! Uh, it would be nice to ride a bike with my teen daughter. *Sigh. Maybe I can teach myself in the privacy of my backyard? I'm too chicken of falling off! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I just saw this! Thank you so much! Like I've said before, you rock!

    I think the coolest award was my first, because I was just so flabbergasted someone had thought of me. It was awesome!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!