Friday, January 29, 2010

Powerful Words


Hello! My daughter brought home this wonderful hand out on powerful words from her Language Arts class. I find it a valuable tool for when we write! You are more than welcome to copy and paste it, book mark it, email via the option at the bottom of this post or whatever, so you could use it as a reference!



unquestionable
incredible
tremendous
gorgeous
outrageous
abundant
dazzling
gigantic
splendid
comfortable
magnificent
marvelous
petite
generous
ample
tantalizing
fascinating
exuberant
eccentric
memorable
glorious
spectacular
amazing
superb
phenomenal
vivid
lively
quaint
tempting
stunning
dazzling
first class
brilliant
exceptional
tranquil
breathtaking
appealing
quintessential
worthwhile



(I tried to put it into 2 separate columns, but unfortunately, I can't figure out how to make it do that!)

*What are your most favorite words?

Oh, it's not too late to enter my contest you have until the 30th, this Saturday by 11:59 pm. I will announce the winner on Sunday by 4pm!
*has been updated

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful list - I love those strong words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this list. And your blog is looking fantastic. You're getting the hang of this girl. You need to put your post on Facebook everyday to help increase your hits and exposure. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this list, Elizabeth! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, splendid is one of my favorite words. As is brilliant. I use them all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nisa, thank you! I just love it when my kids bring home useful stuff and I mostly LOVE to share them!

    Jonathan! I hope they help, though I am sure you have a list of favorite words anyway! :)

    Christine, sounds like a good idea, I need not be afraid, hu? ((hugs))

    Shannon! You are most welcome (I have some more cool lists that I have to spread over a month, you'll LOVE them!)

    Laura--thank you, I do too!! :D

    Elana, those are great words! I have my chose faves, too! (Can't think of any right now, though...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you have lots of words with q in them. It's a neglected letter, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Kaylie! Thanks for stopping by! Yes, poor letter q... :(

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!