Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spotlight Contest!

Contest:

I have this crazy idea and would LOVE your feedback. I am considerably new to the blogging world, but I love the idea of holding a contest for my followers! It will be a little different than what you have seen out there, but here it goes (hope it's not too weird)!

I will spotlight you on my blog on any one thing you have written, as well as a hand drawn picture of your book cover (just for fun) like the one I did here or of your most favorite character/s.

The rules to enter the drawing? Post a comment and become my follower if you aren't already! You have until the 30th (Saturday) to enter! Good luck to us all and thank you. :)

Spotlight
:

My good friend, Shanna Blythe, has asked me to draw her a cover for her book that she is currently working on, The Middle Princess. I had so much fun! She gave me permission to post it, so here it is along with an excerpt of her wonderful story!


It is a lively story about a princess who detests being the middle child of the royal family and does everything she can to break out of that mold. While Fortuna works hard to earn the label of being clumsy, something awful has happened in the lands near and far.

All princes have vanished!

And Fortuna is just the one to find out why, so she sneaks off on a quest to perhaps even rescue them. Her plans for a true adventure are ruined when her father, the king, assigns the traveling troupe staying in the castle to protect her from any harm.

Aaron manages to catch her while the others struggle to keep up. He follows her into an old woman's home who claims Fortuna as her long lost daughter, through woodlands filled with fairies, and kingdoms wrought with danger. Will the princess ever discover where the princes have gone?

Shanna has a knack for creating tension and a real talent for spinning a true adventure tale. She is full of surprises and is an expert at whipping the reader around unexpected corners. And best of all, she knows how to weave a love story.

I really enjoyed her book and have no doubt of Heavenly Father's plans for Shanna! Thank you, Shanna, for letting me share this with everyone.
:)

27 comments:

  1. Shanna's pretty great, I agree. =] Great pic, Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really like to see how you would do a cover for my book I'm sure you could do a great fantastical spin on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super fun! I would love to see what you come up with and no, it's not weird! It's creative and different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great drawing!! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - great drawing, Elizabeth. I LOVE your contest idea. LOVE IT. This is going to be fun. Is it Jan. 30th yet? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a great contest! Consider me entered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew! I am so glad that it doesn't sound weird. I am looking forward to picking out the winner (from the drawing!) Thank you for participating--I feel so special!!
    ((hugs to all))
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lizzie! It is fantastic! And thanks for the blurb. YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol this is fun :) definitely original and a keeper for an idea. I hope you're blogging efforts pan out. I struggle a bit with mine still, but i've got some friends who are having awesome luck through it. so, i know it can happen for you too.

    Shanna's cool and i love her Middle Princess story. Your blurb sounds so professional! Sweet. Really cool artwork too. :D It made me smile to see Fortuna portrayed so mature. tehehhee. Laters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture. I have often wished I had that much talent, but thankfully it looks like my son does. The story here sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a wonderful idea. Count me in.

    I love that Shanna has decided to work on this book again. It has amazing potential and I know there is a home for it somewhere.

    I wanna win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shanna--you are most welcome! I had so much fun reading your book (thank you for letting me critique it and post it and even draw it!) You are awesome! :)

    Thank you, Kim!

    Pendragon--I know, I actually thought of drawing band aids on her, patches on her gown, messy hair, but it just came out this way. *sigh

    Eric! I am so glad your son does! Mine just loves his art club. I hope he keeps it up.

    Noble--you are welcome! Depending on how this goes along, I plan to do this again sometime soon!

    Thank you for the comments! LOVE THEM!
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Throw my hat into the ring, girl. You're an awesome writer and artist. Would love to see you draw one of my characters.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cool contest. I have recently felt overwhelmed by the amount of contest on the writing blogosphere recently, but this ones is unique! Thanks for putting yourself out there like this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Christine! So good to see that you've come by and joined in. You've made my day. Luv ya! :*

    Awww! Heather, thank you so much for saying that. It really was a chance I took because of how different it is. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness! *Sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so gifted! I love your art, forever and always.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kay! There you are! Thank you, you are too in so many ways! Thanks for dropping by. Luv ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so weird. I swore I commented here before. :(

    You should post your pics you did for Karen Liz ~ they too, were amazing! You are a VERY talented woman!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ali! It's okay, I still love you! (You are so cute!) Thank you about the pics I drew for Karen! I think I took a few photos of them, I can't remember. I'll have to go and see if I did!
    Thanks for the idea!
    ((hugs))
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo, great contest! Sign me up! And I'm already following your blog! :)

    ~Ella

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Ella! I can't wait to see what happens!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Rebecca! You've just warmed my heart, thank you for dropping by and following me!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so talented! Very cool! And what a fun idea for a contest! Shanna's story sounds cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!