Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sabbath Sounds

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful

Are you LDS?

It doesn't matter to me. Something that I feel I should have mentioned LONG ago is that even if I dig deep into my thoughts about spirituality, it is my every intention to provide a safe environment for every walks of faith. They all do something for us. Make us happier, stronger, better people.

Every Sunday I will post something uplifting. Something thought-provoking. I will also share with you how that thing has applied to me--whether or not I was able to live up to that standard. I will call this time "Sabbath Sounds".

I hope that you enjoy your Sundays with me!

"Mormanad," New Era, July 1986


Photography by Grant Heaton

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful

“The Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart” (1 Sam. 16:7).

Gospel topic: individual worth

I am a middle child. A survivor. I had to take what was given to me and that was that. Sometimes I had to create my own happiness when there was nothing around me but sorrow. I knew I was different because of the way the kids in school treated me. They tripped me in the halls. They swore at me. They excluded me. It made me sad. I cried very often.

But it taught me. It taught me to never behave the same way with others.

I root for the underdog.

At jobs, church, or social setting, I step out of my comfort zone and welcome the newcomer. I introduce myself and sit by them. I reach out to others and help them feel welcome. I know how it feels to be left out and would never want anyone to feel unloved.

How are you your own kind of beautiful?

2 comments:

  1. You are beautiful, Lizzie. Inside and out. But the inside of you--your heart--I think I love the most. When I first met you, I wasn't sure about you but over time I've watched and listened and gotten to know you more and have found that I don't know a person so genuinely kind. There is no viciousness about you. You embody kindness. I'm sorry I didn't see your kind of beautiful right away but I assure you that I see it now and love you all the more for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Laura! You are truly one of a kind! I really wish that we lived closer so that we could nurture our friendship. It gets really quiet here on the friendship sphere!

    I love your heart and spirit. You are a trooper. The best kind of friend to have on my side!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!