Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sabbath Sounds

A Love so Great



"Oh, it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us — even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will."

Joseph B. Wirthlin - 2007 Oct. Gen. Conf


There are many times in my life when I have unintentionally hurt someone. And yet, they forgive me. I feel as if I don't deserve their kindness afterward.

I think about how this applies to my Father in Heaven. I have to admit that I've fumbled so hard, long and deep. I felt darkness at every turn and it was frightening. I knew I had hurt Him with one wrong choice that grew wider as it went.

The time finally came when I was able to pray without shame and I was immediately enveloped with the burning strength of the Spirit.


I wept.

He never gave up on me even during those lonely, dark times.

He loves me. He loves me no matter how far I've strayed. He loves me no matter my weaknesses. He loves me no matter my shames. He loves me no matter what. For that, I am forever grateful.

How as Heavenly Father's love changed you?

4 comments:

  1. It's hard for me to believe that you've ever hurt anyone because you're so kind. But I have felt his love in this same manner because I have hurt others too. I've also failed in things and find His loving forgiveness after my beseeching. "I marvel that he should descend from his throne divine to rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine. Oh it is wonderful. Wonderful to me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming by, Laura. Your comments and presence on my little blog means so much to me... ((Hugs))
    The one hymn that struck me in particular at one time, "Out in the desert they wander, hungry and helpless and cold; Off to the rescue he hastens, bringing them back to the fold."

    I was 18 when I stumbled across it and it struck me hard into my heart. I cried in sacrament. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Undeniablу іmagine that whіch yοu saіd.

    Υour faνourite reason seemed tο be on the internet
    thе simρlest thing to undeгstand οf.
    I say to yοu, I сеrtаіnlу get іrked eѵen
    as peορlе think about isѕues that they ϳuѕt don't recognize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined out the entire thing with no need side effect , other folks could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thank you

    Feel free to visit my blog - megas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having read this I believed it was rather enlightening.
    I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this content
    together. I once again find myself spending a lot of time both reading and leaving comments.
    But so what, it was still worth it!

    Feel free to visit my web blog ... Wiki.osgeo.jp

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!