This is the day I will post thought-provoking things. Things that weigh heavily on me or that I feel needs addressing in some way.
In Honor of little Daxton.
Born July 25, 2006, Daxton Matthew Eberle was called back home to our Heavenly Father on March 23, 2008. He was a wonderful, fun loving little soul that loved to dance, loved to eat crackers, and loved his daddy.
It was a tragic accident. One in which happens quite common. More common than what we'd like to think. They are the ones that happen when we back up in the driveway in our vehicles and miss seeing the precious little soul darting behind us.
OC Register reports 116 children die every year this way. Here are a few tips I found on the Christensen Law Firm's site:
Primary Children’s Medical Center offers the following tips to help prevent a driveway accident:
• Teach your children not to play around vehicles, even when they are parked in the driveway or garage.
• If you have backup cameras or sensor devices in your vehicle, use them when you back out of your driveway.
• Check your driveway and around your vehicle before starting the ignition.
• When someone is leaving your driveway, make sure your children are supervised.
• Reduce your blind spots by adjusting your side mirrors.
I didn't know who Daxton was. But when I first read the anonymous article in the news paper about a child being run over and then a week later read Daxton's obituary, there was NO doubt in my heart that it was the very same.
I prayed. I cried. I fasted. This March 23 will be his 2nd in Heaven.
It is my plea and hope that we keep our eyes open and spread the awareness for our precious little ones at play. Even for those who have no kids, because your neighbors might.