Monday, March 15, 2010

Impromptu Mondays

Birds of a Feather Flock Together!
A post about book launches and writer conferences--A Writer's Reunion!





This is a wee bit different than my other Monday posts. (Sorry, creative writers, but I'll give you your prompt next week!)



My friend, Amber, and I were chatting on Facebook about the book launch this Thursday. She said something that lit a light bulb in my head. She said (sorry, I can't quote her, but I can
paraphrase!), "I love writer's conferences, they are like a family reunion."



So well said, Amber!



LTUE was so fun. I met friends that I've made over Facebook and old ones from last year's
LDStorymakers Writers Conference. We were all very happy to see each other again and even for the first time. We spent time at lunch. Mingling and mixing from class to class. Expanding the circle of friends. Dinner at a local Mexican restaurant, Los Hermanos.


In fact, I felt as if a huge hand reached in and ripped me out a few days after the conference ended. :(



There is that special connection meeting with other people who obey the voices in their heads! I just love them!



How do you feel about book launches, writers conferences and author signings?

I'm going to join L.T. Elliot in her unplugged week!

No online playing for me until Monday. I'll surely miss your fun comments and wonderful blogs.

I need to haul tail in my current WIP--it's almost done. Almost isn't good enough for me and I don't want to keep the publisher waiting too much longer!

XoXoXo

Until then . . .

5 comments:

  1. I feel that same way. It's a family reunion! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a painful longing to get to be a part of one! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to attending one soon--but have never been to one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post!! I just found your blog and it is lovely!!!

    I haven't had the opportunity to go to a book launch or a writer's conference but I would assume it would be quite wonderful I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura! Just love them! ;)

    Shannon, I can't wait for the day when you are.

    Rebecca, you will just love it! Which one are you planning on?

    Jen, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!