Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sabbath Sounds

“Mormonad,” New Era, Feb. 1990, 7

Photography by Jed Clark

Differences Can Be Appealing
All of us are needed to make life delicious. (See Rom. 12:5.)

Gospel topics: individual worth, self-esteem, tolerance, values


I've always asked myself this question: How many times have doubted myself because I compared myself to someone else?

This is my answer: A lot of the time.

I know it's not something that I should do at all. I know I would find it disturbing if my little girl compared herself to a friend. It would break my heart because I know what precious things lie in her.

So why do I do this? I know that if it hurts me when I only imagine my children doing it, how much more it hurts Heavenly Father?

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
Kim Coates quoted Judy Garland on Sometimes Hard, But Oh-So Worth It.

Oh, how true.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this relates to my next post. I'm so stealing that picture. hehe! Wonderful post, Elizabeth. I'd love to share it with my young women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I do this a lot. I'm trying to realize that I'm a pretty good pickle, even if I wish I were more like a cucumber. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nisa! Of course! I'm glad to be of some help... Love the young women! :D

    Hi Laura! LOL--you're SO cute! BTW, I really like pickles . . . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with thoughts of comparison almost every day. But I know that it is just Satan's way of tearing us down.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!