Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sabbath Sounds

“New Era Poster,” New Era, Nov. 2002, 19




Photography by Kelly Larsen. Idea by Amy Washburn

Discover the Beauty Within
Real sparkle is not something you put on. It comes from the heart. (See 1 Sam. 16:7.)

Gospel topic: individual worth

I've noticed, and it's because of the media, that people obsess with beautiful, thin, popular. Of course the media would glamorize it. It sells.

It's hammered into our heads from the very start. We are all submerged into a world of contradiction, but we tend to sway to what's easier.

So how do I get away from this close-minded thinking?

It was only last week that I felt the pain at its harshest. If I am so busy comparing myself, how can I appreciate what's in my heart? If I don't appreciate what's in my heart, then I'm not good company. Just a high-maintenance mess.

Here is a scripture that comes to mind:

34 The light of the body is the aeye: therefore when thine eye is bsingle, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of cdarkness.

Do I want to be filled with darkness because I don't appreciate my worth? I know that I have beauty inside. That is what really counts. Not physical beauty--that only takes you so far, but inner beauty takes you all the way.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard in this very modern world not to feel inadequate. Thank you for the reminder that it isn't all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! You're welcome, cutie pie! :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!