Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Book Review: Summer in Paris

Kenzie Williams is in for a huge surprise when her parents tell her she must spend her summer in Paris. Visions of a romantic stay in grand France are soon shattered when she learns which Paris.

What? There is more than one Paris?

Yep. The kind where quaint little parades float down the middle of town. Where you can't hide, because everyone knows who you are. Where kids get so bored, they invent their own fun.

Welcome to Idaho!

What? What about her ballet school? Bottomless credit cards? Her boyfriend?

Kenzie learns the hard way as she's literally thrown into farm life. Weeds, vegetables--what's the difference? The chickens are monstrous beasts that don't like her. Cleaning toilets? You've got to be kidding!

She's in for one horrible summer until she sees Adam White. Tall, dark, stunning. Suddenly, the chickens seem to like her and toilets aren't that big of a deal. She soon learns that poor Adam is the town's skeleton in its wardrobe, and is determined to solve the mystery.

Besides, what real harm could this handsome boy really be when he melts her heart with a single glance?



Michelle Ashman Bell is a genius at capturing the spirit of bored country teens, which all rings true--my husband, once a ranch hand, can attest to it all! It had me shaking my head, laughing, as I tagged along in their obnoxious ventures. Gasping when disasters struck. Even crying when someone nearly died. A recipe book for restless teens.

She had me rooting for Adam's innocence, rolling my eyes at the macho acts of the local boys, and swooning when Kenzie finally shared a quiet moment with Adam.

Welcome to the front row seat of Summer in Paris. I promise you a sweet, lighthearted, fun read!


Wait, are you still here? Hurry over and buy a bundle for you and your friends!

8 comments:

  1. awww nice review- sounds great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great review! I'll definitely have to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! I'm gonna look for it. I'm reading one I really like. "The Guernsey Literary and Potatoe Peel Pie Society" Set just after WWII and written exclusively in corrospondence to and from the main character. It's unique, witty and poingent. (I probably spelled several words wrong!) I think you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina--thank you! It was such a fun, lighthearted read! :D

    You won't be disappointed, Nisa! Let me know what you think when you're done!

    Hi Andrea... You're so cute. That's okay about spelling! ;) I look forward to reading it when I get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful review. I wish it was on the back cover of the book because you captured the essence of the story and characters perfectly!

    Thank you for taking time to read the book and post your review. You are such a beautiful person, inside and out. Thank you! I can't wait to return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle! I really love your story--I told my husband about rolling tires--they didn't live on a hill to roll them, but he did lots of other obnoxious things at the farm! :)

    FUN FUN FUN!!

    Thank you for your wonderful generosity--I'll look you up as soon as I can get my book accepted!! ((Hugs))

    PS--have fun at your tour with Karen! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great review, Lizzie! Really! This was awesome and I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura! I'm glad you liked it. You'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!