Monday, April 19, 2010

Here's a Smile For You!

A friend of mine had this hand out on her table and gave it to me. I hope it brightens your Monday!! :D



I am Thankful for . . .
(by Nancy J. Carmody)

. . .the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

. . .the taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed.

. . .the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.

. . .my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.

. . .a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.

. . .all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.

. . .the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.

. . .my huge heating bill because it means I am warm.

. . .the alarm goes off in the early morning hours because it means I am alive.

. . .the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.

. . .the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.

. . .weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.


What can you add to this list?

(photo found here)

11 comments:

  1. That is such a nice way to think of these things! All the time I remind myself to be thankful for my job because I have a job and not whine about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovley post. And thank you for reminding us that it is all in how you look at things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THESE are just GREAT!!! I really should think of my snug clothes that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read this before and anytime I start whining, especially about housework, I remind myself of this. At least we have a home. At least my family and I have clothes and a place to wash them. At least we have dishes to wash because that means we ate. At least I have the means to go to the store and buy groceries.

    There are so many things in life to be grateful for, even what we don't like. Sometimes it just takes a different perspective. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way of looking at life! I love that I don't have to work outside the home because it means I can be there to take care of my home and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...the frustrating, unrequested advice from family because it means I am loved.

    Wonderful thought. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great! A very inspiring outlook. Thanks for sharing. Love that picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was the perfect post for a Monday, Elizabeth! I add: Bloggy friends who know how to make you smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aubrie--so true. My hubby is so sick of how he is treated at work. I try to encourage him and tell him that there are many out there who don't have one. Thank you for sharing! :)

    Hi Sarahjayne! You're welcome! I have to remember those things myself. Hmmm, maybe I could turn it into a magnet for my fridge or something!

    LOL, Christina--you're so cute.

    Kristie--you're welcome! I need to keep those things in perspective too. Imagine how life would be if we didn't have those things you mentioned? :(

    Shari, me too! I'm forever grateful to stay home with my kidlets too! <3

    Lisa--isn't that the truth!! The sound of little voices whining and fighting and demanding... It won't last forever. *sigh...

    Thank you, Angie! I can't wait to see you at Storymakers! :)

    Awww, Shannon--you're so sweet! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very true! Thanks for sharing. I needed to hear this today... particularly the snug clothes one. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful. Being thankful is absolutely the key to happiness. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!