Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Recipes for Writers on the Go!

I came across some quick dinner recipes from the Perspectives journal by UtahState Univerisity extension. I thought what better way to create more time for writing??

Muahahahaha!

I hope you find something here that you like! :D

Quick Burritos:

Spread flour tortillas with heated canned refried beans, add some chopped leftover chicken or other meat, lettuce, sour cream, drained diced canned tomatoes, grated cheese, and salsa, then roll up.

Baked Potato Meal:

Microwave potato. Slit and fluff potato then top with steamed vegetables, grated cheese, chopped green onion, chopped ham, and drizzle with ranch salad dressing.

Black Bean Quesadilla:

Drain one can black beans; lightly mashed. Add 1/2 cup salsa; spread on tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; broil.

Baked Tortellini:

Place ready to eat tortellini in a lightly greased casserole dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over the top, add a few sliced olives, pepperoni slices, and drained bottled mushrooms. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake or microwave until hot and bubbly.



Mmmm. This got me so hungry. I think I'll try the quesadilla first! :D













(yummy photos found here)

3 comments:

  1. Those look so yummy!

    Question: Does your food ever look like that when you serve it to your family? Cause I can't get my stuff to look anything like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how yummy!!!

    And quick and easy!

    Perfect for writers on the go!

    Thank you
    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Hi Lisa! No, it doesn't. I got that from the internet. Mine look homemade and yummy to devour without having to worry about destroying a work of art! ;)

    Hi Kitty, you're welcome! Glad you like. I'll find some more for another post! :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!