Monday, May 31, 2010

Last Day in May

Mother's day is in May, so I thought as a farewell and reminder to us kids, here's something to keep us smiling until Mother's day next (the primary children at my church sang this to the mothers, it was cute!)


A Mother's a wonderful kind of thing
so lift up your voice and sing.

She rocks me and loves me then puts me in bed
with a kiss on my forehead.

Mothers at times can resemble a bear
but that loud roar just reminds me she cares.

Lift up your voice, lift up your voice, lift up your voice and sing.


A Mother's a wonderful kind of thing
so lift up your voice and sing.

The laundry, the shower, the tub, and the sink
are some of her favoirte things.

I don't remember what brings her to this
state of exhaustion at 8:36.

Lift up your voice, lift up your voice, lift up your voice and sing.


A Mother's a wonderful kind of thing
so lift up your voice and sing.

She reminds us to clean up our room and to dust
all of her favorite stuff.

We must do homework before we can play
that is something we hear everyday.

Lift up your voice, lift up your voice, lift up your voice and sing.


A Mother's a wonderful kind of thing
so lift up your voice and sing.

She goes to the market to buy us some food
she's fun when she's in a good mood.

Sometimes she doesn't remember my name
But . . . I know that she loves me the same.

Lift up your voice, lift up your voice, lift up your voice and sing.



Just a reminder, to day is the last day to enter!















It's not too late, you have until midnight PST to enter.

Be my follower, leave a comment and your email address to win a DVD of Avatar, all the candy you see there along with a your avatar from Avatar! ;)

I will announce the winner June 2nd!

9 comments:

  1. Elizabeth,

    I love the poem! Very nice. You should, um, go take a look at my blog when you get a chance..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, of course I will! I looooove ART!!! see ya in a bit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable song! A great way to send May away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your profile. All the books you've written - Wow! And you have four children. Lots of ideas there! Ah yes. I have fond memories of that Primary song, and from mother's day programs (in the far past) with my own four children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elizabeth! I'm very impressed that you have written 8 books and would love to talk to you about your process, being an aspiring writer as well (though with only two books in the works :P) Have your books been published, and by what company? I would be interested to look them up! Also when you get a chance please check out my blog, which I just started and upon which I would love for you to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Currific! I like the look of your blog--I couldn't find a place to comment though. :( Let me know when you write your first post so that I can leave a comment there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Frankie, I hope you enjoyed it! and thank you for the wonderful compliment! :D

    Thank you Ann! Welcome and thank you for following my blog--I enjoyed your post! :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!