Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I've stumbled upon this nifty website where you can upload PDF files. (If I knew about this long ago, I would've been able to have created more efficient posts) *Sigh*

I've written and read and heard many writers worrying how they balance things in their lives.

Here's a hand out you can print out and read if you want about the importance of taking care of yourself.



Let's be good to ourselves and try some of these pamperin' ideas*! *wink*



__________________

Chocolate Facial Mask


This creamy mask is an excellent moisturizer, leaving your skin baby soft.
Recommended for normal skin.

1/3 cup cocoa powder
3 tbsp. heavy cream 2tsp cottage cheese
1/4 cup honey
3 tsp. oatmeal

mix the ingredients together (a bullet blender is ideal) and smooth onto face. Relax for ten minutes, then wash off with warm water.



Coffee Body Scrub

2 cups of coarsely ground coffee
1/2 cup raw sugar or sea salt
2-3 T massage oil

Mix all ingredients together. Take a hot shower to moisten your skin and open your pores. Using wide, circular moisten, rub the coffee exfoliant onto your skin with strong, even pressure. Shower off, pat skin dry, and apply a thin layer of your favorite body lotion.


Spa Index Bath Cookies


our most recent requested recipe!

2 cups finely ground sea salt
1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 T light oil
1 tsp vitamin E oil
2 eggs
5-6 drops essential oil of your choice

Preheat your oven to 350 F. Combine all the listed ingredients and form into a dough. Using teaspoon or so of dough at a time, roll it gently in the palm of your hand until it forms a ball. Form all dough into one teaspoons balls, and gently place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Consider sprinkling the bath ball with herbs, flower petals, cloves, citrus zest and similar aromatic ingredients. Bake your bath cookies for ten minutes, until they are lightly browned. D not over back. Allow the bath cookies to cool completely. T use, drop 1 or 2 cookie into a warm bath and allow to dissolve. Yield: 24 cookies, enough for 12 baths.



*Yummy ideas copied from a handout


photo found here

8 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

    And what great recipes to soothe the body, cleanse the skin and beautify oneself!! I'm all for chocolate facial masks!

    Thanks for the helpful links too.

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw mother's day just finished here in Aus, I'll save these recipes for myself ;)

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day! I love your blog it is so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to leave the chocolate mask alone. I'd probably end up skimming it off with my finger just so I could lick it.

    Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The timing of these could not have been better! Thanks for this, Elizabeth! We do need to pamper ourselves once in a while. But, is it okay to eat the chocolate mask? I think I might have to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitty, I'm glad you enjoyed them, I hope you had a happy mother's day!

    Hi Valerie, I'm glad you like them. :)

    Thank you, Aubrie! <3

    Jen, you're so sweet, thank you!

    Hi Lisa! LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing as I was typing it in! ;)

    Carolina! That's sounds like a great idea! Mmmm... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool website for pdfs, Elizabeth! Thanks. Glad you had a wonderful mother's day. It's one of my fave times of the year :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!