Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yikes! There's a Writer in The House!

This had me laughing when my hubby asked me to edit his resume the other day.

It brought me to a time when his instructor assigned an essay. He came up to me and asked, "Hey can you read this and tell me how I can make it better?"

Oooh! I'm a writer. Editer. Critiquer. I can do it! This lands in my expertise!

Well, after I marked it up and handed him his neatly bleeding paper, he . . . guess what?
He hit the roof! He got mad at me and we got into a fight.

He complained with how picky I was. I told him that run-on sentences and misspelled words and the way the content was set up needed tons of work.

Now he is wary every time he asks for help.

How does having a writer work at your house?

(photo found here)

Friday guest was David West! :D

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that's funny. I'm more the spelling Queen. I go to my 12 year old with grammar questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He should be happy with the professional help, people pay good money for resume writing!! And my kids NEVER let me see their research papers...I'm not even allowed within 5 feet of them when they're working on them...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just have to say...
    You are one talented lady .

    ReplyDelete
  4. RaShelle, that's wonderful that you two make an awesome team!

    Angela! Thank you for saying that, he's a bit more careful (and so am I, lol) when he asks for help. I'm more sensitive to his man ego. ;)

    Thank you, Dirty Shorts! :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!