Monday, September 26, 2011

Book Review: The Hidden Sun by J. Lloyd Morgan

Please remember to sign up for Darkspell Launch Spookfesta party for October 31st here--coolawesome prizes!


--





Whoa, this book still knocked all 5 socks off of my feet!


I would leave it at that because that's how I felt after the experience of reading this wonderful novel.


Deception. Intrigue. Love.


A lovely princess dares defy the laws of the kingdom by a single act. From there, it's a wild roller coaster ride. No, it's not a pretty princess book. By far, but there is a true love story hidden within these pages.


I literally gripped the book and chewed my nails and held my breath as I read.


I groaned, angry with the author regarding the huge tangled mess he weaves in the tale, because I am so in love with his characters.


It was the hope of justice that drove me.






From the back:


A faraway kingdom.


A beautiful princess.


A courageous hero.


A ruthless villain.


An impossible choice.


Eliana and Rinan are in love. However, she is destined to become queen of Bariwon, obligated to marry the victor of a competition called the Shoginoc, while Rinan, her royal guardian, is forbidden to marry. Normally they could renounce their titles to be together, but these are not normal times. Abrecan, the malevolent governor of Erd, is determined to win the Shoginoc, thereby placing his easily manipulated son Daimh on Bariwon’s throne. Can Eliana and Rinan find a way to be together without jeopardizing the peace they are so desperately trying to protect?


I wish I could let slip more detail, but the story must be tasted with your own eyes.





J. Lloyd Morgan is an award-winning television director. He graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in
communications and a minor in English. Morgan has lived all over the United States, but now resides in North Carolina with his wife and four daughters.

Aside from writing, Morgan is an avid reader. He’s also a huge fan of baseball and enjoys listening to progressive rock. One of his goals is to visit Littledean Hill in England, where his Morgan ancestors are from.


I wish I could let slip more detail, but the story must be tasted with your own eyes.




Enjoy the trailer! ;)

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much the insightful review! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Writing my first book was most certainly a learning experience. I'm glad I got enough of it right for people to enjoy it. :)

    I'll most certainly include how to pronouce the words on the next pressing. In the mean time, there is a guide on how to pronounce the different weird words on my blog on my home page.

    And believe me, it was just as hard for me to put the characters through their challenges as is it to read about it--but that is life. The joy comes from conquering those challenges or learning from them.

    Thanks again for the support!

    Jason (AKA J. Lloyd Morgan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! You have won a prize in my 100 Followers Contest. Please email me your address so I can send it to you.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason, you're welcome. I thought your debut novel was excellently done--especially when you've gone through it alone via self-publication. ;) Thanks for the the honor of being a part of your tour!!!

    Christine, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Cool! I'm headed to goodreads to put it on my list right now. It's exactly what I'm in the mood for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds terrific! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! And eek! My TBR list has just toppled over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samantha, thank you! Oh, Lol! Tell me about it!;)

    Laura, it really is... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh nice! I need to lay my hands on this book! Thanks Liz for sharing the beautiful review :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh this does sound like a great book. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!