Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Book Review: Hometown Girl by Michele Ashman Bell

Being a fan of Michele's, I knew that I was in for a real treat as I snuggled into my bed to read Hometown Girl, Book Two of the Butterfly Box Series. (I know that I'm missing out in the series if I don't read Book One.)

Jocelyn Rogers is living comfortably in her little life surrounded by everything she could ever want. Good friends, a great job, and the nice city of St. George.

That all changed with a single telephone call.

The mayor of quaint little Milford Falls is distressed over the condition of a dollhouse cottage in his trim residence. Jocelyn must return and fix it up or he'll sell it. What makes it a hard choice is that she loves her life, but yet, she also loves the cottage, once belonging to her grandmother before she had passed on.

Encouraged for a fresh start and adventure, Jocelyn follows her friends' enthusiastic urges.

This story is about growth, friendship, love, and forgiveness. Every character is vividly painted, realistic, yet lovable. They breathe their heart into mine, sharing their love, and secrets that whisper quiet strength to me.

My favorite part is when Jocelyn finally finds the courage to move on, and realizes that the Lord loves her and that she can love others wholly as well. That part really brought tears to my eyes because I've been there, too!





Michele Ashman Bell still amazes me with her perception of heart, love and courage and what it takes to reach across the pages of a book to touch the reader in so many ways.

Enter her contest now for a chance at a $50.00 Visa gift card!


Add this wonderful read to your library today (here or here)!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review and intro to a new author! Its great that this seems to be a a positive and uplifting book written beautifully!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful book. Thanks for the review.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a terrific book - thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review, I've seen this book out and about on the blogosphere lately. I now have yet another book on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review Elizabeth. I hope your followers will come to my blog and enter my contest!
    www.micheleabell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, thank you. I'm glad you like it.

    Clarissa, you're welcome! :)

    Jemi, you're welcome! ;)

    Jolene, how exciting, I know you'll love it!

    Michele, how terrible am I? I've just updated my post, including your contest!! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review, Elizabeth, I hadn't heard of the book before but I'm definitely intrigued now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for introducing me to a new author Elizabeth. Hometown Girl sounds great. And your review makes me eager to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sangu, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I hope you like the book, too. :)

    Rachna, thank you! You warm myheart! Take care <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent! Great review Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ali! I'm so happy to see you here! Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds interesting; spiritually moving. I might have to give it a read.

    I also read your Immature Writer post; and found it as moving as your review of this book. I can appreciate where you're coming from with the critiquing others and editing your own work. It is tough, and you brought up some valid barriers. Really made me feel "not alone" in my own quandaries. Thanks so much.

    .........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna! Thank you so much for dropping by, I really appreciate you! I'm so glad we aren't alone on this. I feel that it's daunting, having to keep up with everything. Being a writer isn't easy at all! Thank you for being so open. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!