Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Book Review: Perilous by Tamara Heiner


As a huge fan of YA, but having never read a thriller, I was excited when the author asked me to review her book. I read the synopsis and thought, hmm, I've watched detective shows, I think this one will be just as good. Even better . . .
Guess what?

I’ve never read a book that had my adrenaline pumping so hard and for so long! She succeeded in appealing to my reader’s eyes for a whole new genre world.
Young and carefree and daring, four teenaged girls accidentally witness a robbery while waiting for their ride home at the mall.
Detective Carl Hamilton is devastated when he finds a girl’s body. Now, where are the other three?



Tamara Heiner constructs a fantastic read that touched every one of my emotions. Fear clawed my stomach, urgency twisted my nerves, anticipation grated my brain. Yes, humor packaged the thrill perfectly where needed.
With the action so tight, it was bittersweet when the story slowed a bit toward the second half of the book. I was a bit confused toward the end with the way certain things were presented, but it didn’t diminish my enjoyment. It’s certainly a satisfying read.
This book is a must!

Kindle giveaway!

This contest is point-based and begins ends Dec. 15!
Whoever has the most points wins the Kindle.
There will only be
one Kindle given away.
Here are the points:
1 point: blog comment (can comment on all the blogs, multiple times, on
the tour)

1 point: follow my blog (http://tamarahartheiner.blogspot.com)
1 point: retweet
2 points: blog about the blog tour
5 points: purchase the book (ebook or paperback, must email me theconfirmation email) if they actually buy the book in the store (which is unlikely), they can mail me a copy of the receipt.
Have them add up all their points as well as their proof (links, etc) and email it to me at the end of the blog tour (tamara at tamarahartheiner dot com)

You can earn an infinite number of points!



Good luck! :)

13 comments:

  1. Wow, now I REALLY want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recap of Tamara's book. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds amazing! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read a thriller in awhile. Sounds like I have to add it to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very good! Great review, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, it sounds REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Elizabeth! Writing a thriller did not come naturally to me. In fact, it's not what I set out to do. It's action packed b/c my editor helped me turn it into a thriller. We cut out a lot of fun scenes that slowed down the action. Difficult to write!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I think you hit it on the best word...urgency. That describes this book so well. It's what I felt throughout. Great review Elizabeth! And yay for Tamara! I wish her tons of success!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review. I'm adding Perilous to my reading lst. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on it when you're done! <3

    Em-Musing, thank you! :)

    Renae, thank you for dropping by! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    Kerri, I know you'll enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

    Rebecca, thank you!!! :P

    Shari, you'll love it! Thanks for visiting! <3

    Tamara, well, you impressed me, girl! You did a great job! I would've never guessed that you haven't written a thriller before! You should have a workshop on it. I'm VERY interested in learning your journey!

    Carolina! Wow, really? I'm so glad that you feel the same as I do. Thank you! Tamara is awesome, I wish her the same, too! :)

    Beverly, Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanna win this contest and read Perilous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your sentences, "Fear clawed my stomach, urgency twisted my nerves, anticipation grated my brain. Yes, humor packaged the thrill perfectly where needed." Great review of what sounds like an awesome book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice review. I'm doing a stop on the book tour tomorrow and will be linking to this post as well as the other stops on Tamara's tour.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!