Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Book Review: The Widow's Mite by Christina Dymock

Carol bravely faces the world alone after the death of her husband. It isn't the easiest thing, especially with children and the upcoming Holiday Season.

She learns that, when giving her all, peace will fill the void in her heart.

*The author dove straight into Carol's thoughts and brought her to life. I was able to empathize with her quite well.

I've learned that it doesn't matter what stage in life we are, or our circumstances, the Lord expects charity to bloom in our hearts and we will be blessed for it.

Christina Dymock is married, and is a mother of four beautiful children. She graduated from the University of Utah with a BA in Public Relations. She has published in Woman's World Magazine and several Chicken Soup books.

Visit her blogs!

http://myamateuradventures.blogspot.com
http://kidsabletreats.blogspot.com

Add this to your Holiday cheer!




*updated

6 comments:

  1. Oh this feels like just the nicest book to read for christmas! Thanks for the review and the intro to this book and author! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an inspiring story. Thanks for the review and for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review :) And if you have a sec, come over to my blog for an award I've given you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked it very much myself! Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good book - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a beautiful story. I hadn't heard of it before, so thanks for the review--gorgeous cover as well!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!