Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Gratitude . . .




I am grateful for snowflakes dancing in the air so soft,

the leaves whirling and flitting and twirling.

I am grateful for round fuzzy kittens, so warm and sweet,

the puppies nibbling and playful and fun.

I am grateful for writing and its worlds so magic'ly real,

for the power of thought and wit to share.

I am grateful for friendships unjudging, open and so true,

the love, the secrets, the times most pleasant.

I am grateful my children so lovingly carefree to be,

their heartfelt warmth and the kisses and hugs.

I am grateful for life pleasant yet harsh, choices left to me,

the sadness and joys and trials, I grow.

Thank you, dear Lord, for all things weak and strong--

for everything granted, for wisdom, my guide . . . the great beyond.


by Elizabeth Mueller





photos found at Photobucket.com

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. :)

    And a Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful, Elizabeth. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is truly lovely!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eagle, thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to you to! *Hugs*

    Liz, thank you! You too!!! ;)

    Shari, thank you so much! :D I hope you enjoy your day, too! *Hugs*

    Jennifer, thank you so much! I had fun writing it, tho I just realized I had 'pleasant' written twice. Ugh... *Hugs* Happy Thanksgiving! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully penned words!

    Enjoy your Thanksgiving celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful, thank you so much for sharing! I'm grateful for the wonderful group of talented writers I've met online--our very own community, wherever we are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glynis, thank you! I hope you've enjoyed yours, too! :)

    Amie, so true! Writers are fantastic! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! It brought good memories to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Hanny, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are really wonderful. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!