Friday, November 5, 2010

Weclome, the Fantastic Friday Writers!

A few of us have decided to form an unconventional group blog, called Fantastic Friday Writers.

There are five of us: Alex J. Cavanaugh, J.D. Brown, Anastasia V. Pergakis, Deirdra Eden Coppel and myself!

Together, we will write about a single topic within our respective blogs every other Friday. You are invited to hop around with us to see how 5 different writers view that particular subject.

For those of you who are first-timers here, WELCOME!

I'm Elizabeth. I have 4 kidlets ranging from 14 to 5 years of age. I love being a mom. I love writing, too!

I started my writing career with a few poems in 4th grade and moved onto short stories in 6th and started my first full-blown novel at 17. I thought it was way cheesy, so I played hide-in-seek with it until I finally finished it when I was 23. This was my only book that I've hand-written from beginning to end.

I've completed 7 novels since along with a handful of children's picture books. I have a few published poems, and have been bitten by the rejection bug.

I'm feverishly editing Rockstar. Here's my oneliner: Rock star Moggie suffers a tragic loss and falls in love with Beth who is dying of cancer, but she feels love with him isn’t possible.

My genres so far:

High fantasy
Urban Fantasy
Paranormal Romance
Contemporary Romance
Historical Romance
Children's Books

Genres I'm planning on exploring: Steampunk, Thriller, Middle Grade and not sure what next.

Thanks for visiting me! I hope you'll come to love Fantastic Fridays with us! I've posted our Bloghop on my sidebar along with future postings. I hope to see you then!

PS--If there is anything you want us to cover, please leave your idea in the comments. Thank you!

PSS--Please drop by November 19th to find out what inspires our Fantasy/Sci-Fi minds to write!





Have a GREAT weekend!


photo from Photobucket.com

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea! Love the pics! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy yourselves. Will be interesting..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I will drop by on 11/19. You've stirred my curiosoty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea, can't wait to start reading and hopping around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Elizabeth! Wow, you revealed far more than I did - of course you've accomplished far more, too. And nice photo!
    Looking forward to our Friday posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant idea!! I look forward to more Fantastic Friday Writers!! Yay!!!

    Have a great weekend too!! I voted on the What Genre do you write poll! :-)

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pk, why, thank you. I'm happy you dropped by. <3

    L'Aussie, thank you! I'm really looking forward to it. :)

    Em-Musing--I look forward to seein ya then. :)

    Amie, thank you! :D

    Alex! Thank you. *Grins* But you've got a book published and I know the blood and tears and sweat that go behind that. ;)

    Jennifer, thank you! I can't wait to see what you voted for. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings Elizabeth. I came over from Alex's blog. I write high fantasy and am working on a fantasy novella as well that doesn't fit high, urban, or paranormal. It's just fantasy. I look forward to reading more. If you're interested I have linked some giveaways, contest, blogfest and more. I'm also doing my first ever contest and it's not hard.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is a great idea--to cluster and write on a common theme--seems like a great project! I wish you luck with it! I already follow you and Alex, but will have to check out the others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Elizabeth. You really shared some info! I didn't go into all that much detail as I was writing the post really early this morning so, my brain wasn't all the way there yet! LOL Can't wait and by the comments, I think we have a few faithful hoppers already! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, N.R.! I found you on Anastasia's blog and entered your fab contest! I hope you like the name I put there. Great first contest idea! <3

    Hello, Hart! Thank you! I really wish I could meet them all in person! Someday, when I hit the NYT bestsellers list, I will ! ;)

    Anastasia, thanks for this wonderful idea! Btw, have I told you I really love your bookcovers and the stories that go with them? I have to chat with you on those! I'll call you sometime later. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Elizabeth!

    This sounds neat! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun idea! You've got some great topics scheduled too. I look forward to seeing what you post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura!!! Thank you! Great to see you. <3

    Elizabeth, how are you doing? I'm sorry I missed the past several group nights. :( But my heart was with you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, great intro post! As I told Anna, mine was a little late. I apologize to everyone who was looking for it! It's up now if you all are still interested, and I promise my posts will never be late again, cross my heart! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. J.D. Thank you! You're fine. I understand. With NaNo, everything is crazy! I'll hurry over and read it! <3

    Hi, cutie! I love you too! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elizabeth,

    Good morning,
    Fantastic your blog!
    Congratulations
    I follow you.

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!