Monday, February 14, 2011

Book Review: The Peasant Queen by Cheri Chesley


Life has never been better for Krystal of Avolonya. That is, until her brother decides to betroth her to the local village boy who can’t keep his drool to himself.

Repulsed, Krystal finds herself wondering the nearby woods. Should she remain here, and meet her fate with a dreary boy who would probably have her gut fish all day long? Or should she find a better life for herself beyond the forestlands?

It isn’t until she decides running away would prove foolish, when a band of men find her alone—and it is no coincidence. Krystal is thrust into a kingdom filled with magic, love, and betrayal.

            This sweet story enchanted me with its colorful people—even the villains are charming! Because of the delightful cast of characters, the read passed in a lighthearted pace. I enjoyed experiencing Krystal’s sense of integrity as she remained true to her heart, and how fiercely loyal she is to her friends.

I know my daughter would love this book!







Cheri Chesley believes in magic and miracles. She enjoys exploring the dictionary and working on her photography. You can find her over at her website cherichesley.com or at her blog.



Buy the book!


Happy Valentine's Day!

11 comments:

  1. Awwww I hope Krystal has a happy ending!! Yay!! Thanks for the intro and review of this book - sounds magical! Happy Valentine's Day!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Introduction. You lured me to this book. I might read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have her book, but haven't read it yet. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really fun novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review. You have a talent for touching on the important aspects without giving anything away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, thank you! I hope you enjoyed your day, too! <3

    Talha, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

    Shari--you'll love it, it's so sweet. *hugs*

    Denise, thank you! :)

    Michael, you're sweet, thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! Saw you on the crusade and since I already follow...thought I'd drop by to say hello anyway. =)
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Raquel! You're so sweet, thank you so much for following me and dropping by! :) Hi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great reveiw Elizabeth! I loved reading this book too and found out that it is going to be a trilogy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful review. I don't normally read this type of book, but I may have to give it a whirl...it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jamie, it's cute, you might must like it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!