Saturday, April 23, 2011

♥.•*¨T is for . . . The Third by Abel Keogh¨*•.♥

The Third

The Third by Abel Keogh


from the back:

"The only way your kids are going to have any future is if we get this world back to a livable condition. The only way we're going to do that is with fewer people. People are the problem, not the solution."


Doesn't that just give you chills?

I enjoyed the world Abel Keogh built. It is strong, believable and frightening. I realize how blessed we are with our homes, our yards and swing sets, warm water, and motorized vehicles. Most of all, to have children without regulation--we won't be punished for having more than two!

I was hooked before I opened the book. I was hooked all the way to its end. Most of my nails are gone because I couldn't stop biting them! I will get my kids to read this and my friends, that's how much I enjoyed it. I look forward to the sequel!

Makes for a great book club discussion!



Add The Third to your shelves!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book, Elizabeth. Will try to get it.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachna, thank you, you too, sweetie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that does give me the chills and you've made me want to go and find it!

    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have a long list of books to read. Not only did you make it sound like I HAVE to have it, your blog creates such a beautiful spot for me to go, that I want to have anything on here that you have shown me. Beautiful as usual. Like going into a cool forest. Love the green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review and info on this book!! The Third is now on my ever growing TBR list!! Yay!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of this book but you've tempted me - thanks for the recommendation :-)
    All best, karla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the book recommendations and also thanks for commenting on my blog. Nice to meet so many new folks on A to Z!

    Monti
    NotesAlongTheWay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. Zero population growth philosophy or selection of people to get rid of philosophy? The Chinese had a child limit of one child per couple (except on farms where it was two), and they've had to up the numbers because they have so many aging people to support the younger generation can't handle it.

    Space! We need to get space travel, so the "surplus population" (to quote Scrooge) has somewhere to go. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like my kind of book.

    Some people think that is just what the government is ordering...yes, scary, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Duncan, it's really a great read! ;) Let me know if you do get chills reading about it. Btw, just click on the link and you can get it there! :D

    Jeanne, thank you! You're such a sweetheart! <3

    Jennifer, thank you! You will love it, that's for sure...

    Karla, great! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    Monti, yes, so many of us. I love the brotherhood of the challenge! :D

    Donna! Yes, that's sounds like an idea! Maybe Abel can write a sequel on colonizing the moon, hu? ;)

    Gail, uh, tell me about it. *gulp*


    Happy Easter, everyone!!! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Most of my nails are gone because I couldn't stop biting them!"

    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the coolest thing anyone has said about The Third. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Abel, HI! I am so happy you came to my blog and read my review. Seriously, my nails are just growing back. You did such a GREAT job writing this book! I can't wait to get my hands on the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!