Wednesday, April 27, 2011

♥.•*¨W is for . . .



Writer's quotes!

Yes, I thought I'd cheat and not bust any more braincells. So I'm sitting on the shoulders of writerly geniuses today and hopefully fill your day with inspiration and laughter!

I'll start off with my most favorite quote:




Writers aren't exactly people...they're a whole bunch of people trying to be one person.
~F. Scott Fitzgerald

 
Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. 
~E.L. Doctorow
 
 
 A word is not the same with one writer as with another.  One tears it from his guts.  The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket.  
~Charles Peguy
 
 
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.  
~Ray Bradbury
 

I try to leave out the parts that people skip.  
~Elmore Leonard

 

Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning:  I wanted to kno what I was going to say.  
~Sharon O'Brien

 
I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter.  
~James Michener






source



What are your favorite writing quotes?


most images found on Google search

17 comments:

  1. I don't have a favorite writing quote, though there are several here which would surely fit the bill. They are wonderful!

    I have a fave reading quote though, from Walt Disney:

    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island, and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this:

    "I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter."

    That really sums up my life right now. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is one I really like
    Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with the shades of deeper meaning. ~Mrs. Bertha Flowe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Varmit--I love your profile pics! My fav is Miss Piggy! ;0) I've heard of that quote from somewhere, I LOVE IT!!! :D

    Trisha, me too! ;)

    River, oooh, that's beautiful! Thanks for sharing that with us! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the one you included, by Charles Peguy. It's true that words can have a whole different meaning to one person than another.

    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been fond of Hemingways "The first draft of anything is s**t" because it makes me feel better about my first drafts (which certainly are).

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a favorite, but love all the quotes you offered up in this post. Excellent! Thanks, Elizabeth. Happy Wednesday! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all perfect quotes!!! Thank you! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quote by Sharon O'Brien above, I feel the same way about my blog. You have a beautiful blog and I'm so glad you decided to follow mine so I could find yours.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I try to write the best I can; some days I get lucky and write better than I can." Ernest Hemingway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quotes. Love the one by Doctorow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Elizabeth! Thanks for stopping by my blog through the A-Z challenge. I have enjoyed looking around your blog.Beautifully done!
    elayne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Duncan, that is SO true!

    Mood, LOL! So true! :)

    Inspired, thank you! I really liked them, too!

    Jennifer, thank you!

    Inger, thank you for following my blog! I know how you feel, I love it when others follow mine so I can find them, too! <3

    Clara, hi!!! You're so sweet for dropping by! I love that quote, thanks for sharing! *Hugs*

    Talli, thank you! :D

    Elayne, thank you--welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow..that's some great quotes...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always loved Elmore Leonard's crime stories. Quotes I don't know I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like Bradbury's because it can be modified to apply to anything such as being drunk on music, on life or...just being drunk period, so reality won't destroy you. Now, how about that! LOL

    Cheers!

    ~Nicole
    Blog: The Madlab Post
    @MadlabPost on Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!