Monday, May 2, 2011

♥.•*¨ Book Review: Veiled by S.B. Niccum ¨*•.♥




Have you ever wondered if spirits are eternal? If they just spontaneously generate from the day we are born?


This novel is the first of its kind that I've ever laid hands on. I found Heaven a fascinating place where Angels guard their charges with fierce devotion. I lived their joy as mortals succeeded in their righteous choices and experienced their sorrow for wrong.


Meet Tess, a determined Angel that endures conflict even before she is born on Earth! The dark angels are determined to stunt her growth, but will her soul mate save her in time?


The world in which Niccum creates, starts before the beginning of time, and grows richer with every step of the way. She did a fantastic job with making her characters come to life. The world she built makes sense, and I fell in love with every one. I worried for them as they stumbled along in their choices. I cried for the joy and peril the characters endured.

This book makes me think about life in general, how the Angels really work around us.  I find Niccum's world fascinating to read, enchanting and enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to reading its sequel!

Visit S.B. Niccum's blog, and website!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a fab review! I love the cover and the story sounds fascinating! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doesn't sound like my kind of book but I know there's a big market for this sort of story. Judging from the Amazon reviewed, S.B. Niccum has a bright future ahead of her.

    I like the cover. It wasn't so long ago that POD/ebook publishers slapped embarrassingly bad covers on really great books, and hurt their sales accordingly. Improving covers are just another sign that our industry is rising up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah!!!! I can't read this and I can't say why. Rats!!!

    Also, I'm not sure I can accept the A to Z award since I had to drop out.....

    But thank you for thinking of me. And wow, that's some SERIOUS linkage! You deserve an award just for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds so intriguing! Great review, Elizabeth! :)

    ~Melissa
    Reflections on Writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great review, Elizabeth. You must be relaxing after the A- Z super challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for dropping your thoughts by my blog. Book covers are a major part of the hook I know. It's important to have great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a fascinating book. Will have to add this to my read list. Thank you for the review and for the award.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!