Wednesday, June 22, 2011

♥.•*¨ Alex Stormhold, Character Interview ¨*•.♥

Please don't forget to sign up for the MC Blogfest and win Jeannie Campbell's Writer's Guide to Creating Rich Backstories!












Today, I am interviewing Alex Stormhold from Darkspell by Elizabeth Mueller--me!


I think this is going to be exciting. We get to hear Alex’s side of the story since this book is written in first person through Winter.


Thank you, Alex, for letting me interview you today.

I love your accent. Where are you from? Tell us about yourself—don’t hold back.

I live in an old villa surrounded by these jagged fjords in København. I’ve lived there for as long as I can remember, Wanda is my mother, but not my real one I can tell you that much. She’s made it known to me from the very start, but it never bothered me because things at home have always been good. Always.


How does it feel to be part of Stormhold Coven?

*laughs and shakes his head* Not very many people know about that. Who told you? Never mind. I’ve never been outside of it, so I can’t really tell you the differences, but I can tell you what it’s done for me. It’s as normal as any other family I guess. We hang out at the hidden beaches and fish for hours or even go sailing or surfing. I love to wind dive off the cliffs with my brothers and sisters as I call them. All of us have these special talents, these gifts so to say.

Mine is Seer, but I have others that make it funner like mind reading, levitation, gliding through the air, you know—the basics.


Can you tell us a little about the Shadoweaver?

The Shadoweaver? *Scoffs* We don’t talk about it. *Lowers voice as he looks over shoulder*  It killed Natalia’s husband and child a long time ago. Natalia is my sister. She hasn’t spoken since it happened. We are careful how we speak around her since the darkness is a real threat to us all.


How did you come to know Winter?

Winter? *blushes* Well, I haven’t always known about her until I stumbled across some odd signs that foretold of the Shadoweaver’s fascination with her. Once I shared my revelation with my coven, we made plans to move into our ancestral home in her neighborhood.


Why did you visit Winter in her dreams? What made you choose that day to reveal yourself to her?

I was curious. I wanted to see who it was that the Shadoweaver wanted, so I snuck into her dream one night, long before we moved. There’s something different about her that drew me in, I can’t explain what it is, but I couldn’t get enough. Never could . . .

*Flushes* I, uh, well, I knew Winter and her mom were going to drop by in the morning with cookies. I wanted—no, I needed her to know that there’s something special between us. This is no ordinary thing that we share and I wanted her to know.


You are sworn to protect Winter from the darkness, can you tell us why it is hunting her?

*thoughtful* Well, I can only guess, but Wanda being the Stormhold Guardian, she’s the only one that truly knows. Anyway, I can’t discuss such matters.


You hold back quite a lot as the story begins. Why not just come out and let her know how you feel?

It is such a strong battle that goes on in my heart, especially when I see her. What I feel for her is so overpowering, but I can’t let it show. It’s forbidden to me as her protector.

One of your gifts is reading in minds. How does it feel?

How does it feel? Normal, I guess. What do you mean?


Do you have any parting words you’d like to share?

Yes. If you ever see a disembodied shadow move, you'd better run.


Thank you Alex! I'll keep that in mind as I go about my day. To keep track of my Darkspell haunts, visit my website!


This Thursday:  by Teric Darken, Ol' Scratch's Interview.


Don't forget the MC Blogfest this Friday!

9 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, this was wonderful!! How cool that you've allowed us a sneak peek inside Alex's head. I must say, too, that this is a fabulous idea. Especially when your story, like yours, like mine (and so many others), reads from the PoV of one person. What a great chance to really get to know a secondary and/or fellow protagonist. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea, Elizabeth. The interview was a wonderful idea. Loved it. Alex is a great character. Waiting to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having had an "insider advantage" to the full story, I still enjoyed the interview with Alex. I'm very pleased to be a part of being able to bring this story before waiting readers! You have a wonderful author's voice; a fantastic way of pulling a reader in - mesmerizing ... somewhat like a character or two, huh, Elizabeth?!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever interview! Have I mentioned the awesomeness of your character's name?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Alex!!! ...having an unfair advantage too I can say without reserve, I love that character!

    s.b.niccum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alyssia, thank you! I feel that it would be so wonderful if every author participated in something like this so as to give their readers an exciting insight of their books! *hugs*

    Rachna, thank you, you're a darling! <3

    Linda, thank you! I'm truly blessed to have you as my publisher! xoxox


    Alex--lol! I did say something about your name somewhere in one of my interviewer's questions about why I chose Alex as a MC name. :D I'll point it out to you when it is posted. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silvina--you just gave my heart wings, girl, thank you! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this peek into Alex's mind, Elizabeth! I really loved your unique story and all your fascinating and complex characters, espeically Alex, so it was great seeing a little through his eyes as well as through Winter's. I'm so happy for you and wishing you the very best with Darkspell's upcoming release - readers are in for a magical treat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krisi, thank you, you're so wonderful for sharing your thoughts about Darkspell! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy.
If you have anything to advertise, please don't do it here or I'll delete it. Thanks! ;)