Friday, August 19, 2011

How to Create Your Own Blog Comment Signature

Have you ever felt a bit down when you clicked on a Blogger's profile picture and it takes you to a page where you there's no link to their blog? Or they have five blogs and you can't figure out which one is their main one?

I feel it's important to leave a way for people to find you on the internet when you blog. It's like giving your phone number to a great friend you don't want to lose touch with!

What I do is leave a signature with my every comment when I visit friends' blogs:




♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!




I've had several friends ask me how I did mine, so I feel it's high time that I share the love! So I'm going to show you how you create your own signature!* It's quick and painless, I promise!


1. Go to "new post" on your blog.
2. Type in what you want your signature to be:

♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥


3. Open another tab on your browser and open your site there, cut and paste the URL from the navigator bar onto the highlighted words of your signature:



4. Click the "edit html" tab at the upper right corner of your "compose" window of your new post. To begin your blogging adventure with your new signature feature, copy and start pasting this html code after your every comment!

5.  I would save this post as a draft with some future date so far that it will always be at the top of your "edit posts" list for easy access when you go blogging 'round. (You'll always need to open it under the "edit html" to have it appear with the live links!)

By the way, this is so silly but it was so HUGE when I discovered it for myself. You see the little hearts around my ♥.•*¨name¨*•.♥? I cut those from Facebook and pasted them to a "new post" window and they stuck! I'm so happy! Experiment with all the cute symbols you find on FB and see if they'll stick. Certain ones don't.

I would LOVE to see your cute signatures right now in my comment area below. Let's show them off!



Do you have any cool tricks you'd love to share with us?






*Some blogs don't allow html codes and will leave behind all the little symbols.

46 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the blog liven up with your fabulous trademarks! Please show me what you got! ;)

    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
    Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
    YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who tries to follow people back and also visits blogs of people who comment on mine it would make life a lot easier if everyone had an easy way of linking back to their blog, either by leaving a signature or just having a link in their Friends Connect profile. It's amazing how many people don't, probably without realising it.

    mood
    Moody Writing
    @mooderino

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I'll try this when I'm not at work!! I've printed off the instructions! LOL!! I love your signature -so pretty!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try that! I like when people leave links to their blogs in the comments. It makes it so much easier to follow back. I couldn't figure out how to do it though. I wish blogger had a feature where your signature/link automatically showed up with each comment. But this works too! Thanks for sharing your secret! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip about the little hearts and such. I didn't know Facebook had those. I'll check it out.

    Once again, I'm learning from the master. :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to bookmark this for when I have some time to do it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I've always wondered how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing Elizabeth! I've been trying to figure this out for forever! Making time to play around with it later - super excited!

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is not silly..this is actually really cool. I love your hearts. I need to play with this because I love being personal. Have a great weekend!...and thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This very clever. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I often want to comment back to a new follower but get lost in the links. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! Thank you for this! I am unreliable about remembering to do this, but when there is a book to link, I know I need to develop the habit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Elizabeth! You're so smart. I'm going to have to make one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elizabeth, you are so literate at this, I alas am not, but my BW is, and she, the education tipster in real life,will fix this up for me as soon as she can.
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mood, that is SO true! People just don't know whether or not other bloggers could find them through their profile picture there. I didn't know until one day, a friend told me she wanted to follow me back but couldn't because there was not link to my blog. :(

    Jennifer, great! I can't wait to see it. <3 <3 <3

    Laura, that would be way fantastic if Blogger had that kind of feature, too! *Sigh*

    Kathi! The best place to find the hearts and other fun symbols is on someone's wall whose birthday is that day. Tons of people put music notes, butterflies, hearts, stars and so forth! Best hunting! ;)

    Eileen, yay! I'm excited to see you again. I'm glad you like this. :)

    Alex, you're welcome! :D

    Amy, you're very welcome! I look forward to seeing your pretty link in the comments. <3

    Laila, thank you! I'm happy that you found this helpful. Have a great weekend yourself! :)

    Tracy, you're welcome!

    Em, yes, I do too!

    Hart, it makes for a great "business card". ;)

    Angie, thank you! I'm glad that you're going to use it. I can't wait to see!

    Laura, you're welcome! :)

    Anthony, wow, thank you. I don't consider myself literate in these things, but I try to figure stuff out by exploring. Great! I can't wait to see it. :)You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And here I thought you paid someone to do that.
    Thanks for showing us how.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Giggles and Guns, oh, you flatter me! Thank you and you're welcome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the help! i hope this works vv

    My Blog:

    ⚜Fleur De Pink⚜

    Subscribe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry! Would you like for me to create it for you???

      Delete
  20. wow nice information. thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks,I could figure out how to make it work,but I will keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. style="font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;">Stories of Kel</

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stories of Kel

      I tried "drawing it out" but blogger wouldn't allow me to! Contact me and I'll show you how I did it...

      I hope this helps!

      Delete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just tried this . didnt work on wordpress :(
    Nida's Beauty Bag

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks. I will try the method to add my signature. I wanted to add an image to my signature and is searching for the correct method. Can you please help me out.
    digital signature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An image? I haven't thought of that, but I don't think blogger would allow those int comments section

      Delete
  28. Replies
    1. You do have the link in place, just use your own blog to link it back. Great job! :)

      Delete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!