Friday, September 2, 2011

Book Review: My Beginning by Melissa Kline

All Ivory knew was the Institution. A place of instruction akin to imprisonment. A place where Mother nurses watched you in case you made a wrong move. A place where awful things happened if you fell in love.   It was the same, day in day out. Until Aiden  came along . . .


I am amazed at the whipping sharp turns that Melissa Kline takes me through as I read her Young Adult debut novel, My Beginning. Just when I had it figured out, something surprising happens--an event that has me mourning for our courageous Ivory, yet her astounding determination has me biting my nails. The characters are vivid and powerful and so believable.






This is a book I can read over again and find it just as exciting as the first!







A note for parents: the love scene depicted is written with innocent passion.

6 comments:

  1. The book sounds great! I have a question: did you put the note to parents? Or did that come from the author? I've been thinking for a while that books should have some kind of "telling" what's inside, similar to movie ratings. A parent can't read every book before their teen does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! Sounds lovely and the trailer is really uplifting too! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for giving us your views. It sounds poignant. I'll add it to my TBR list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful and I love the art of the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love twists and turn and books that keep me guessing. Thanks for the peek. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Em, I put that note there and I agree with you. Books don't have anything and I've come across some YA books that had me shocked it was even YA!

    Jennifer, it's a great book!

    Sheri, you won't be disappointed! <3

    Gail, thank you! :)

    Laila, thank you! I hope you love it. ;D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!