Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Heart Longs . . .




What a breathtaking, laborious experience I had Thursday, September 1st. My church is holding a production which will be out in about a year and a half about Christ's Life. 


I was called in as an extra. Though I was a part of many, I felt the truth standing in the presence of Christ as He hurled tables of coins and scattered the merchants from His temple. I fled with my fellow companions before I could be caught in Christ's wrath.


As I paused offset and watched the actor playing Christ standing as he surveyed His Father's house, I felt an overwhelming sense of longing.


The hours of preparation to get me into costume and the hours of waiting for the right scenes and the hot, blowing day made it so worth waiting there to be a part of something huge.


I made fast friends with everyone I ran across. This sounds silly, but I found the bearded men intimidating! I felt like playing the part and keeping my head down so as to avoid eye-contact.


Who knew that being in a huge production would touch my heart to the point that I long to go back?





9 comments:

  1. Sounds like wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm jealous! I would love to be a part of something life that.

    I just read the part in Jesus The Christ about the cleansing of the temple. I love the image it paints in the mind. I would be intimidated by an actor portraying the part as Jesus as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely experience - such fun to get into character and really just let rip! Well done you!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing that we can meet Jesus even in an reenactment of historical events.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO very cool and I totally envy you this experience. Enjoy every minute of it and let us all know how it goes. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RJR, it was the best! I hope Casting calls me back. :)

    Crystal--I saw him a few feet away from me. I should have gone up to him and said hi! I will, next time. ;)

    Jennifer, it was very fun! :D

    Alex, thank you!

    J.L., I agree with you all the way on that, it was spectacular seeing him in character onstage!

    Melissa, I will, thank you! I can't wait to see it too. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so amazing! I cannot wait to see the finished production. And thanks for sharing the wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a powerful moment for you. How cool you could be a part of it. I had a similar experience when I was an extra in a dramatic performance at a Christian Youth Conference. I can still remember how real it felt and how emotional I was when it was over.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!