Thursday, October 13, 2011

Book Review: The Key of Kilenya by Andrea Pearson


Please remember to sign up for Darkspell Launch Spookfesta party for October 31st here--coolawesome prizes!


From the back:
When two vicious wolves chase fourteen-year-old Jacob Clark down a path form our world into another his life is forever changed. He has no idea they have been sent by the Lorkon--evil, immortal beings who are jealous of powers he doeens' know he possesses--powers they desire to control.


The inhabitants of the new world desperately need Jacob's help in recovering a magical key that was stolen by the Lorkon and is somehow linked to him. If he helps them, his life will be at risk. But if he chooses not to help them, both our world and theirs will be in danger. The Lorkon will stop at nothing go unleash the power of the key--and Jacob's special abilities.


My thoughts:
Want to go on a colorful journey filled with adventure, excitement, and danger? Join ordinary Jacob who stumbles into a magical kingdom where all hope rests on his young shoulders. I admire his integrity for the choices he makes, though most of them are difficult. I enjoyed how he worked through tight spots with his friends who supported him the whole way through.


The world he stumbles upon is nothing like our own. It is well-developed and dangerous as I hoped for Jacob's success. The setting reminds me of Obert Skye's Leven Thumps, so you can imagine how one thing is so unlike another by our standards. It sure keeps our hero on his toes!


I have no doubt that readers will connect with Jacob as he juggles many things in life from basketball to peer pressure and as well as life or death choices.


Thanks for the blast, Andrea!


Where to find the Author:
You can learn more about Andrea Pearson here at her website: http://www.kilenyaseries.com/

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review and intro to this book!The cover is beautiful and the premise is exciting - with a young hero carrying such a dilemma on his shoulders! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elizabeth, for your review! I really appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like something a little bit different, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, it's a great read. :)

    Andrea, you're welcome! Thanks for the chance.

    Anthony, it's a fun one, too!

    Sarah, you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth. I'm here from the Pay It Forward blogfest and I just wanted to say thanks so much for signing up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, came across your blog today through the Pay It Forward blogfest. Consider me a new follower! Ps. Darkspell sounds awesome.

    - http://pensuasion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to watch the reactions of ordinary people to extraordinary situations/worlds. I think that was my favorite aspect of the Harry Potter series. Congrats on your great story, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matthew, it's a work in progress! Sorry that I didn't post that day, but I'm sure having a time visiting! Thanks!

    S.L., Thank you! I can't wait to see your blog. Thanks for the follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, girl! :-) Thanks again for your review. :-) I'm wondering how open you'd be to posting it on Amazon and Goodreads? I'd really, really appreciate it! :-)

    Amazon (Kindle):
    http://www.amazon.com/Key-Kilenya-ebook/dp/B0058KBQRS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1323978764&sr=1-1

    Goodreads:
    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12416944-the-key-of-kilenya

    Thanks soooo much! :-) Also, I'm wondering if you'd be okay with me using bits of your review for blurbs and such? Let me know here (in case I don't find your response to my comment):
    apATandreapearsonbooksDOTcom. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!