Monday, October 3, 2011

is this for real?

After Darkspell's edits and illustrating, I'm waiting for the big day October 31st! Sometime last week, my publisher sent me the official PDF format and I have on thing to say about it:


STUNNING.


My eyes teared and my mouth dropped. I had no idea just how impressive Darkspell is with my illustrations! Have you seen them? 


Have you signed up for Darkspell Launch Spookfesta party? Check it out, there are cool prizes to be won!




Being an author is like riding a wild roller coaster alone. I'm panicking because I'm not sure how to handle having a published book. I'm winging it now.


Here's my to-do list (the top 4  are ongoing):



  1. Keep up with blogging
  2. network over at Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and google+
  3. Darkspell's countdown
  4. set up book signings and presentations here in my state (I'm looking into outside, too!)
  5. run to the printers to get my Darkspell poster going!
  6. run over to the New Testament Project filming sometime this week
  7. read 3 books for book tour reviews before December
  8. finish Darkspell's sequel
Whew, I'm sure I've forgotten a few things... This doesn't include life outside my writing career.

What's on your list?

10 comments:

  1. Gosh - you've got lots of exciting things coming your way, Elizabeth!! Yay!!! Good luck and all the very best with Darkspell!!! Wooo-hoo!! Go Girl!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've got one full to-do list. Congratulations on the up-coming release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your book coming out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, I need so desperately to clone myself. Know where I can go? ;)

    Janet, thank you! One breath at a time, right? :(

    Amy, thank you. I'm excited! I know I'm going to freak when I see the proof. Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite the list! I know what you mean about feeling like you're on a roller coaster. I feel the same! So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll dd a dozen things before it's over - trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADD! Not sure what happened to the 'a' there...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie, thank you!

    Alex, LOL! Oh, I know... :P It keeps piling and my day is never over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, thank you! I'm surprised I don't have more gray hair...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy.
If you have anything to advertise, please don't do it here or I'll delete it. Thanks! ;)