Friday, December 30, 2011

Book Review: Transcendent: Tales of the Paranormal

 Transcendent: Tales of the Paranormal
Back Cover: Discover the secrets of a siren, fly with a hawk girl over the mountains of Montana, and flee supernatural party-crashers as the décor comes to life in this magical journey through paranormal stories.

Along the way, watch for ghosts in a haunted house, or ride through the moonlight with a stranger. Save a comatose boy who has lost his soul, and don’t forget to bring your garlic and wolfsbane—you never know when the shadows will snag you.

Transcendent includes eight stories of magic, love, death, and choice by some of the newest names in young adult fiction.
My Review:
Each story was made alive by the wonderful talent of every author. I couldn't put my Kindle down as I read the stories aloud to my children, ages ranging from 9 to 15, and now they insist on rereading their favorite picks of short stories on their own. 

The characters came to life, the storylines shared in rich detail that swept me into each world! The only sad thing about this book is that I wish that they were longer than short stories. If you want a cozy thrill with a flashlight-under-the-covers, or a snuggle-up-with-your-Kindle, I recommend this book!

GiVeAwAy TiMe!
 I'm excited to share this book with you guys! Just comment to win Transcendent's eBook--winner will be announced Monday, January 2nd!

13 comments:

  1. Oooh paranormal short stories!! Sounds wonderful and the book cover is dreamy!! Thanks for the intro and review, lovely Elizabeth! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be really good - you're the second person today who's talked about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review! I'm thrilled you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love paranormal stories, pick me! Pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh love the cover and the sounds of this book !!! Its always greaet to read a review from a author !!!

    Happy new year !

    kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you should not judge a book by the cover, by my that is a magnificent cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really into reading Paranormal right now...this one sounds great! Love the cover, really eye catching :)

    Happy New Year

    kristina_hess at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3monkeyz@att.net comment comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kitty, oh, it's a fantastic book. You'll love it. Happy New Year, sweetie!

    Alex, oh, it is good. I really enjoyed every story. :D

    Wendy, of course. I loved everyone of them. <3

    Jennifer--I can't wait to announce the winner! :D

    Kat, you will <3 this book! *sigh*

    Delphina, so true!

    Kristina, then you will really enjoy every story in Transcendent.

    Nina, thank you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great! I'm looking for stuff to load on my new Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun stuff. Would love the book.

    hottienoel [at] yahoo [dot] com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!