Monday, January 16, 2012

My A - Z Blogging Challenge Secret: How I Survived


I must confess that this was truly challenging! Like with any huge project, I planned ahead of time. I thought of a theme I'd stick by through out the entire month and created a list per alphabet letter on a spiral bound notebook, writing as many words that started with each letter.


example:


A: anaphora, alphabet, allegory, artist


so on so forth till I reached Z.

(sneak a peek at my posts here!)


Next, I went down my list and circled one idea per letter to post about it. I wrote my entire alphabet post in two days a month ahead of time. Why? Because I wanted to enjoy visiting everyone's fabulous blogs and leave comments on as many as I could per day! 

Since we aren't posting on Sundays (but for April 1st for 2012) it gives us a fabulous opportunity to catch up on the comment love!


And that's my secret. What's yours?

12 comments:

  1. I didn't plan ahead with mine, and I found it pretty tough! But then, I'm not much of a planner ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough, certainly a challenge, but there are ways to make it just a bit easier! ;)

      Delete
  2. This is the first year I'll be taking part. I'm not usually a planner of my blog posts, but I think I'm going to have to do something like this for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of that, too! I'm just creating my list, but I'm struggling a bit with the theme. *Sigh*

      Delete
  3. I'm not doing this fest (not really into blogfesting on such a scale! LOL!) but I shall be cheering and waving y'all doing this in April!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! It would be SO neat to have you onboard! But we love cheer leaders! :D

      Delete
  4. Planning posts a head of time worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fabulous how things fall into one place when we do!

      Delete
  5. I did my blogs a week ahead of time but I'm going to do as you did this year. I'm going to have them all done ahead of time and spend my blogging time on commenting and making new friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan! I'm outlining mine right now on a spiralbound notebook. The theme sounds a bit conceited because they're all about me, but what better way than to get to know someone? LOL

      Delete
  6. This will be my first attempt at the A-Z blogging challenge :) I'm really looking forward to it. I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and do it all ahead of time, so I can spend time reading the other challengers blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds fantastic! You'll see how much easier it is to visit other blogs when yours are all done!

      Delete