Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My #AtoZChallenge Venture!




 So I started outlining my alphabet for April!

At first, I was going to base my theme around being a writer, but I did that last year! Then I stole the idea from my gorgeous 9 year old who's doing Utah Studies from A to Z! So every night, she and I have been jotting down notes and "copying" each other.

What a fabulous experience and bonding opportunity for us. I am having lots of fun with this!

So what this means for you is a Tour de Utah! I'm trying to stick mostly with nature things, but if the letter persists in stubbornness, I'll just have to break down and do something peoply ...

I need 8 more alphabets to go and then I get to start writing out my posts! I am posting an image along with its source as well as a few links about the subject matter I can get to when I am done "staging" my ABCs.

I've had someone ask me if I plan to capitalize the featured letter with its color. My answer: of course! That was part of the funnest thing I did with my challenge! If you want to steal my idea, I welcome it! 

Here is a cheat sheet reference calender for you, to make it easier:

April

1--A
2--B
3--C
4--D
5--E
6--F
7--G
9--H
10--I
11--J
12--K
13--L
14--M
16--N
17--O
18--P
19--Q
20--R
21--S
23--T
24--U
25--V
26--W
27--X
28--Y
30--Z

Hmmm, me thinks it looks like a cypher of sorts! I hope that helps some. I know last year I had accidentally skipped a day (since we don't post on Sunday but for the 1st for this year), and I had to go back through every scheduled post and redo the dates. Ugh. Not fun, let me tell you!


I've tossed the gauntlet, do you think you're up to accepting the challenge? Yes? Sign up here! Please?

Help us reach 1000 at Twitter!
use #AtoZChallenge discussing anything ABCish
Join us on Facebook!
Read our newspaper!





14 comments:

  1. arghh, i have so many thoughts on which way to go... i am dizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a theme is going to help so much. That's probably why I never joined in previous years. Couldn't come up with a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea. With so many bloggers in different places, we could go with this type of theme for everyone and get quite and education.


    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Jeremy...too many thoughts and ideas are jamming up my thought waves, I guess I'll have to narrow it down pretty quick though.

    I might put a call in to my niece, a budding writer, and ask if she has any ideas for me (borrowing from you Elizabeth) - the young have great minds, don't they!

    Cheers, Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, Elizabeth. I will be doing a theme as well. I've decided on Artists. This is my year to be more creative and blow the dust off my art supplies. I also love art history. Looks like you're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have started building lists on at least 3 different themes and then feel "guilty" for not including something on one of the other lists if I stick to one theme. I think I am going to have to approach the challenge as I do with everything else and just be "scattered" about my posts by how the mood hits

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have about four themes and I am trying to figure out which one to do. I might sign up my second blog for the challenge is I can't decided in a timely manner.

    I love your idea though!

    Konstanz
    A to Z blogging Challenge Co-Host

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea! How nice to have a common project to work on with a kid! I didn't theme last year, and I was OK, but realized that if I'd gone with a theme, by the end of the month I'd have had a good bit of info gathered on one subject.
    I've tossed a lot of themes around, tried them on, looked in the hideous 3-way mirror, and thrown them back. I'm going with the very first one that popped into my head last year when it was all over. I'm a Swedish immigrant to the US since 1974. In April, I'll be sharing about my heritage. Still a lot of leeway since I can do words, anecdotes, poetry, pictures, similarities/differences...etc. I'm excited to get going on the whole thing actually. My poor, neglected blog has been lonely without me since sign-up day.

    Tina @ Life is Good

    Co-Host of the April 2012 Blogging from A to Z Challenge

    Twitter:
    @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have only filled in the blanks for a few letters. : / So I feel like I am lagging behind. Hoping my mind don't start to fail me now. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing! I don't know how you do everything. I was hopeful I could participate in this blogfest this year, but April's looking jammed. You'll have to share your secret of how you get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are way more organized than me! I do at least have a word for each letter, but nowhere near to notes or writing posts yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am just stopping by to check out the blogs of the hosts of the A to Z challenge and say hello. I currently have a theme and wrote down several ideas for each letter. Now I just need to decide on which ones to use.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Last year I chose topics as they occurred to me. This year I'm going to be more organised! I've decided to have the English Lake District as my theme - it'a a beautiful area that I know well, and love, so I'll enjoy revisiting many different places there. I've got all my titles, and started to work on the blogs. Done A, B and part of C - so still a long way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!