Monday, February 13, 2012

My LTUE Sitings

I held a panel at LTUE's Paranormal Romance: Injecting Romance into Ghost Stories with moderator Elana Johnson. I worked up a ditsy storm because of my anxiety the entire day up to the time of my appearances, then I crashed hard after my reading, which proceeded the panel. Not a pretty sight because I kept losing things.

 See my mysterious black gown? That's my Wanda dress. Wanda is one of the main characters from Darkspell. She's the guardian of the Stormhold Coven, the necklace is the talisman that she gives to Winter for protection against the Shadoweaver. I dressed in character for my reading and used voices and facial expressions.


It was such a pleasant surprise to see Brenda Sills at LTUE!

Do you like my book signing display and getup?

Lynn and I decided to dress in character for the book signing!

My baby at the UVU bookstore!
My first book signing ever at LTUE. This one was cool because everyone that went was a writer--so easy to strike up conversations when you know you have something in common with a person at a signing.

Paul Genesse is one of the coolest authors I've ever met. 


Donna Weaver and Konstanz Silverbow eating lunch at LTUE's  cafeteria.

It was enjoyable, seeing old friends, making new ones, and chatting with potential authors who share the same obsessive love of writing. I usually go camera crazy, but I didn't this year. I only took what I could when I could--it was really busy.

Have you been to a writers conference? How was it like for you?


Read Darkspell here.

24 comments:

  1. I love that you went in character. :D I have yet to go to a conference, but I will! I think it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I say that you looked absolutely smashing in that gown. Glad you had an enjoyable time and met some interesting like-minded people.
    Good on 'ya Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it was fun meeting and hanging out with like-minded people! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. You're a star!!! And you got to meet Donna and Constance.
    You look stunning, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you were in character for the conference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you look GORGEOUS with your Wanda dress!!! I want a Wanda dress too please!! And your hair! I want your hair! :-)

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look very lovely in black :-) Of course, it is one of my favorite colors.

    I've been to a writer's conference before. Not as an author, still on the road in that direction, but as a seeker and adventurer getting to know other aspiring authors and getting lots of information from helpful panels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love going to those conferences--it's better than a family reunion! ;) You'll be a presenter sooner than you think! :D

      Delete
  7. I am planning on going to the RWA northwest conference this year and I'm pretty excited. :) It'll be my first ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how fun! you'll have to post about it and share your pictures with us. :D

      Delete
  8. It looked like an awesome event. I haven't gone to a conference. It's on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look MAHvelous dahling! And what fun to dress in character. I've been to writer conferences before, but don't think I had as much fun as you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LTUE and Storymakers rock because the authors aren't hoity toity and they talk to you like you're a real person. That's why I've gone back again and again. ;)

      Delete
  10. You look fabulous!! So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the display and your clothing, no, can't attend, wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connecting with writers online is just as filling. I'm grateful for friends like you. :)

      Delete
  12. What is your email address? Jewel Adams told me you want to come to Write Here in Ephraim on April 14. I need your bio and a book cover ASAP.
    Thanks - yoshirley at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley--okay. I'll send it off to you in a few minutes. Thank you! ;)

      Delete