Friday, February 10, 2012

Writerly Whirlwinds


Right now, as you comfily read this post on your snuggly couch, I am in a whirlwind of authors, aspiring authors and readers as well as people who just love to learn.

This is my first writers conference ever that I will be a panelist in. Am I scared? Yes. Standing in front of dozens of people makes me feel weak as water! Okay, I know water can be very strong, but I am not there yet!

I am also doing a reading out of Darkspell! I've been reading books out loud for fifteen years--because I'm a mom, and I have read out loud at book readings to very small groups. I've read to a large group a picture book at an elementary school using silly voices, but maybe only four people will show up to my reading here. What do you think? I think a tip is keeping in mind my audience. LOL. We'll see how it goes.

So, where is this writers conference you ask? It's LTUE! I attended this conference when I was only aspiring to be an author a few years ago. Interesting how now it's reversed!

The next wind will sweep me away to my first book signing at the Gateway Barnes & Noble Saturday the 11th! A dear friend of mine was thoughtful enough to invite me as one of the several authors attending. I am so thrilled. Am I scared? Not really. I find presenting the worstest of scaries. But with a powerpoint, the universe is mine.

Muahahahaha!


What is your scary exciting moment?

coming up: how my weekend at the conference and book signing went! Aaa!



 




15 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to stand in front of a bunch of people! But I'm sure you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did great, actually. The reading was okay, but I'll plan better for spontaneity next time! :D

      Delete
  2. I don't do reading to any group of strangers! Can't bear the thought of hearing my voice!!

    But I know you'll be perfect and just wonderful!!

    Hope you have a great conference! Enjoy! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I had fun, but it was certainly a learning experience!

      Delete
  4. You'll do a great job. Way to go! You'll have to tell me all about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think it takes a lot of courage to read in front of a lot of people, especially when its your own work. I'm sure it will go really well:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love your name! Yes, it was intimidating. :O

      Delete
  7. Oh wow reading your work to everyone. How scary and exciting is that!? I hope it goes well. I can just imagine the air catching in your throat as you start to read and then it all becomes easier and more fluid until you forget where you are and become engrossed in your own tale...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! That's how it happened until my time came closer to the end and in my brain I wasn't ready to stop... I'll do better next time! Love your description! <3

      Delete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!