Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for ...


La Sal Mountain Loop!


This mountain range stretches from the Colorado River al the way to southern Utah in Moab.

In the summer of 1776, Spanish missionary and explorer  Silvestre Velez de Escalante thought that these snow-capped mountains were a strange thing to behold in the summer. He called the Sierra  La Sal  means Salt Mountains in English.

To put things into perspective, here's a satellite's view of the range.



Do you enjoy hiking, picnicking, mountain climbing, fishing, hunting or off-roading?

5 comments:

  1. Nature is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd hike here all the time if I was blessed by such natural beautiful landscape! Yay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post :) Those pictures are beautiful!

    Nikki – inspire nordic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty. Yet another vacation destination!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!