Monday, April 23, 2012

T is for ...




Timinogos Cave!

This wondrous cave is located in Utah, 92 American Fork--number, (801) 756-5238 if you're ever interested in a cave  tour. Sorry, no spelunking allowed! But  satisfy your adventurous  tooth witthe 1.5 mile hike up  the steep 1000 feet  of elevation to  its  entrance!


I found  this awesome blogger's full safari report on  Timpinogos cave. She braved the steeps, lost  a runaway water bottle all while with   two kids and a baby pack--whew! (I've done  that  climb with a baby pack and some kiddles  too,  it's scary stuff.) I wonder if  they'll ever put  up a railing or if anyone has ever fallen off  to their deaths? *shiver*

Okay, I just  did some digging and  there have been quite a few accidents. I would close  this place down nd build a safety rail, putting up a warning before the hike doesn't  do it  for me--it's  just  not worth a person's life!


What  dangerous fun have you done?

12 comments:

  1. Amazing cave - such spooky things inside! But yes - safety first!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to go there. I love doing things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I am both fascinated and terrified of caves. Especially after seeing the movie The Descent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yeah, that last photo looks like it should be pulsing and breathing or something. Very alien like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that looks like an awesome hike! I really enjoy caves and hiking. I did some spelunking which was terrifying (I'm claustrophobic) and if you don't like going up steep, narrow mountains without railing, don't ever drive to the top of Pike's Peak! 14,000 feet straight down and not a guard rail in sight!

    Cheers!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. In other words, you'll get your exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does look scary. I'm afraid I have done nothing dangerous... I feel quite pathetic! I can't even walk within 20ft of a cliff edge, it makes my knees go weak! Even watching other people go near the edge freaks me out, especially my husband and children! I salute you for having done it!

    http://www.lizbrownleepoet.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello.
    Visiting from the A-Z Challenge.

    I am not the slightest bit adventurous...hikes, heights and I were never good friends (lol). The closest I get to adventure is in my poetic fantasies! Nice photos though. Thanks for sharing.

    I want to say a big "thank you" to you and the other co-hosts for organizing the A-Z Challenge. I'm a first-time participant having lots of creative fun.

    Day 20 (23): Tearful Maiden

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I couldn't imagine hiking that by myself let alone with kids. That is really scary!

    Just a Nice Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, what a wonderful looking cave! If we're ever in the area, we may try that -- but maybe wait until our girl's a bit older.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like fun!!! My sons would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! It kind of reminds me of Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico.

    Very nice!
    Michelle :)
    www.michelle-pickett.com/blog

    A to z challenger

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!