Thursday, April 26, 2012

W is for ... Watched Series Virtual Book Tour!









What a book!

Book Review: Protected by Cindy Hogan

Sequel to Watched, Cindy Hogan out does herself. Again.

Fifteen year-old Christy Hadden hates life back home. At her school trip in
Washington, D.C., she had a glimpse at  what it felt like to belong--until the murder. Now in Montana, she slips back into the little nobody she feels she is until Alex--the love of her life--finds her. And so does the danger...

Hogan is extremely creative and a goddess of character creation as she  whips up many  well-rounded profiles as  well as personalities for Christy when she is swept into the FBI's  Witness Protection Program.

I loved learning with Christy as she fought for reformation to fit the character of a snobby cheerleader way out in Florida--far from the cozy comfort of her home, but I felt as if she submitted emotionally to this a bit easily in regards to her former life. Though Cindy Hogan mentions Christy's mourning after the fact, I  would've loved to have felt a bit of Christy's mourning for the sudden loss of her family soon after she  was taken into safety.

It feels as if I'm missing something  when it comes to a very particular set of black-ops FBI agents who are the parents of an important character. They feel out of place since they let their distaste for Christy  sway their attitude  toward her. I could only hope that the author has done this quite intentionally for the next book's  twist.

This story kept me turning the pages as I became fascinated by the turn of events as  well as Christy's transformation into Michele, and  later Ari. It's because of authors like Cindy Hogan that I couldn't put the book down!

Read my review  on Hogan's first book in the  Watched Series here--you don't  want to miss it!

Purchase Protected here!
See what virtual tour Sarra's thoughts were on Hogan's Protected:
http://sarracannon.com/2012/04/introducing-protected-watched-series-book-two-by-cindy-m-hogan/ 

9 comments:

  1. The book sounds interesting indeed!
    I might see if I can get hold of it as soon as I finish reading the two books I've had in mind to read for a while.
    Hope there were no spoilers in your review!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watched series sounds awesome, or should I say, "W"onderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that the follow up is as amazing as the first! Yay! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. W hat a fun W ay to incorporate W 's into your post.

    W is for Winning America's Future through Creative Schools on Main Street Arts

    http://mainstreetarts.blogspot.com/2012/04/winning-americas-future-through.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW! You make Watched sound Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a pretty good read!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!