Saturday, April 28, 2012

Y is for ...


Yuba Lake and treasure hunting!

There are many  gorgeous camping spots here in Utah, you'd have no problem camp-hoping around!
Besides fishing, boating, sailing, you can visit The Little Saraha Sand Dunes Recreation Area as well as the Pony  Express National Historic Trail. This, I think would interest the kids: like hunting for shells, you can find semi-precious stones on Topaz Mountains and then go for a ride through Loop National Scenic Byway.

At Topaz Mountain: I'm interested in taking my family  there, because imagine all the treasures  you could find? Check this site out for one persons's findings.

Location: just east of I-15, about 110 miles south of Salt Lake City

Have  you ever gone treasure hunting?

12 comments:

  1. haven't ever gone treasure hunting but it sure would be fun. I think I might prefer a tropical location though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if Hawaii has any sort of treasures to hunt for? Sea shells?

      Delete
  2. I've only gone treasure hunting as a kid in my mother's jewelry box. Every piece was a 'real' to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet! I used to do that, it was my favorite pastime: snooping through every piece in her jewelry box. I'd put everything back exactly as it was so that I wouldn't get into trouble for misplacing a thing!

      Delete
  3. Love treasure hunting! This place looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. And thank you for hosting the A-Z challenge. New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos you've been posting this month. Utah is full of beautiful scenes. Treasure hunting? Can't recall so I suspect not, but we went through a phase of geocaching a couple of years ago which is kinda treasure hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever way to do the challenge, I love it! Thank you for stopping by my blog, and for following. I look forward to 'chatting' with you more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by for the A to Z Challenge. I've gone hunting for shells and driftwood on the beach. Does that count?

    Susanne
    PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love treasure hunting! Wish I could get my family interested. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!