Monday, June 18, 2012

Altercation YA Thriller by Tamara Hart Heiner


  My review for Book 1, Perilous:
As a huge fan of YA, but having never read a thriller, I was excited when the author asked me to review her book. I read the synopsis and thought, hmm, I've watched detective shows, I think this one will be just as good. Even better . . . 
Guess what?
I’ve never read a book that had my adrenaline pumping so hard and for so long! She succeeded in appealing to my reader’s eyes for a whole new genre world.
Young and carefree and daring, four teenaged girls accidentally witness a robbery while waiting for their ride home at the mall.
Detective Carl Hamilton is devastated when he finds a girl’s body. Now, where are the other three?



Author Tamara Hart Heiner couldn't let it end like that, she continues with Book 2, Altercation:


Amazon blurb:
The FBI promises Jacinta Rivera and her friends that they are safe. Jaci wants desperately to believe them but weeks of hiding from their kidnapper, alias "The Hand", have left her wary. Hidden from the public eye in an FBI safe house, Jaci must reconcile both her father's mysterious disappearance and the murder of her best friend. A betrayal lands Jaci back in the grasp of The Hand, shattering her ability to trust, and leaving her to wonder if she will ever piece together her broken life.

The sequel, Altercation, became just as dangerously scary as its counterpart, Perilous. With the criminals at large, I can't blame our heroine, Jacinta, from holding onto her fear as she struggles to trust the FBI--or anyone for that matter. There are so many twists and turns, I didn't see things come up that had me wonder what would happen next and how the girls would squeeze out of certain conundrums. It ended nicely, I'd love to see how Heiner plans to continue Jaci's journey to healing from such a tragedy!

Guess what? Tamara Hart Heiner is holding a contest!
Every day she will select a single person from a Blog Tour Participant's blog comments on the day of posting. 

The winner (chosen at random) will either get an ecopy of Perilous or Altercation. There must be at least 10 comments under the post in order to generate enough numbers for winning!

Wait! There's more:
Leaving a comment will enter you in her prize drawings (listed below). For every task completed you will earn an entry point:

+1 for every comment
+1 if you follow Heiner's blog
+1 for ever Tweet or Facebook mention of this tour. NOTE: You can either add every point you've done and send it to the author, or include her twitter name (@tamaraheiner) and/or Facebook (Tamara Hart Heiner) so she could tally it up for you!

Please be sure to leave a COMMENT in order to enter to win!

PrIzEs:
3rd prize: 50-page critique of your project of your a writer -OR- a $5 Amazon Gift Card
2nd prize: lot of five YA books
1st prize: $20 Amazon gift card

Visit the author!


Wheeee! Good luck!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exhilarating read! Thanks for the review, Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Tamara and thanks for your fab review Elizabeth! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so love to win! I loved Perilous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, guys! Just need six more comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. olympic park cycles stadium 2012 london
    Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world i am really impress your work Stay Blessings On your Work...God Bless You.2012 london olympics bicycling stadium

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the review!
    It really does sound thrilling!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!