Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Book Review: Blood and Snow by RaShelle Workman



"Lips red as rubies, hair dark as night. Drink your true love's blood, become the Vampire, Snow White."


EVERY THOUSAND YEARS THE VAMPIRE QUEEN SELECTS A NEW BODY, ALWAYS THE FAIREST IN THE LAND, AND THIS TIME SHE'S CHOSEN SNOW WHITE.


Snow white lives in Salem, Massachusetts with her dad, stepmother, and her cat, Gatsby. Her entire life she's been teased for her fairy tale name, and the fact that her seven best friends happen to be guys whose names begin with the same letters as the seven dwarves.


Blood and Snow starts with the instantaneous lure with charmingly dynamic characters. The story is fun, smart, and romantic. Just the way I like it. I enjoyed Workman's writing style and our heroine's bestfriend-voice feel. Great job! There are certain parts that felt a bit inconsistent to me: the house next door to Snow is a mansion on a huge piece of land while hers is small--unless they're out in the country, but I didn't get that feel; her parents are away at St. Barts while their home has mismatched furniture as if they live on a low income. Being a novellette, there are a few elements (hottie Chace for example) that were covered only once, but since it's part of an ongoing series, I have that to look forward to hook me further. Kudos to the author!


I'm excited to read more of the Blood and Snow series!


visit Rashelle Workman's website.
Purchase Blood and Snow here!

13 comments:

  1. Oh I love your gorgeous new blog!! It's gorgeous! Yay!!

    And yay for beautiful RaShelle too! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really exciting. I will have to check it out. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have it in my library, just need time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth - thanks for reading Blood and Snow, and reviewing. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RaShelle--I'm so excited for you and this project, it's a fun adventure I'm looking forward to embark! ;o)

      Delete
  5. Haven't been here in a very long time. Like the new look!

    Blood and Snow sounds like a really interesting read. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elizabeth, I wondered if you would kindly feature my ebook free promotion giveaway, two children's books on your lovely blog? for the 6th to 9th and the 12th to the 13th July please? Don't worry if that is a problem. Kind regards, Carole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all World historical events,Android apps tamil news,World news on android Breaking news for iphone

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks ciekawy blog na ten temat tutaj, http://www.takeyourskirtofftombrady.com/?p=511

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello would you mind letting me know which webhost you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 different web browsers and I must say
    this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you recommend a
    good hosting provider at a fair price? Kudos, I appreciate
    it!

    Here is my weblog :: sex

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for sex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great goods from you, man. I have consider your stuff
    previous to and you are just too excellent. I really like what you have obtained
    right here, certainly like what you're saying and the way in which in which you are saying it. You're
    making it entertaining and you continue to care for to stay it sensible.
    I can't wait to read much more from you. That is actually a tremendous site.

    Also visit my web blog :: towarzyskie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So I read the book... Predictable, stupid and overall pathetic... This is another person trying to succeed on the twilight series of books. The only problem is that the author has forgotten to write an original worth reading book.

    I am sure the author is as dull and pathetic as the book they wrote / plagiarized.

    From: NOT YOUR BIGGEST FAN EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!