Monday, August 6, 2012

Everything is harder when I'm...

Pregnant! Yep, I'm a few months pregnant and Baby is due February 15. Yay!

This can be frustrating, yet refreshing. I have to admit that I am totally BURNT out from marketing along with other heartbreaking hurtles. My priorities have shifted and the balance has tipped to family now. I do revisit my writing when I feel in the mood--which has been slim at best.

Isn't that sad? I've had so many ideas to throw into Darkspell's sequel, but I don't find myself readily whipping my laptop out to incorporate those brilliant ideas. I have, though, jotted them down so that I wouldn't forget. Whew...  Funny thing is that when I do write in my book, I feel refreshed and wonder why I took so long to get to it. Every time, never fails.

What challenges do you face from the things you really enjoy?

11 comments:

  1. Take it easy, Elizabeth. Write in your book when you feel like writing, don't stress. I have to find time to balance everything I enjoy doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's fantastic news. I sympathise. My wife is carrying twins and we're expecting them either before Christmas or after New Year's. She's been so tired and sore, not to mention the nausea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats.....Happy News....waiting for the happy moment....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! If you feel exhausted, try taking a break from writing, just for a while and perhaps that will be all you need to make you want to write your story again. I am going through the exact same thing. I want to write, but I just never get to it. Good Luck with the writing and take it easy, momma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh beautiful Elizabeth!!! Awwwww!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How wonderful!! Yay!!! Please take it easy and relax!! Enjoy!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. One challenge is getting back to writing after a long break...I do feel WONDERFUL when I'm writing but it is, after all, very hard work, indeed!

    Hope pregnancy is treating you kindly!
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! And don't worry. Once a writer, always a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That's fantastic news. As for the writing, it will come back. The first trimester is always tiresome and thoughts just whirl. Once you get into the second trimester, things become more clear, you feel better, and everything falls into place.

    Just enjoy what you can and keep jotting things down. One day you will want to write.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Second trimester should give you a bit more energy. But don't wear yourself out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm only just catching up with my blog visiting - and don't have a good excuse for being lax - so I'm a bit late. Congratulations! My only advice is to write when you want to, don't write when you don't want to, and don't beat yourself up.

    I remember using a Dictaphone (because I was pregnant a long time ago before computers got all smart) during my first pregnancy because I could just talk without worry about being in a comfortable writing position.

    Take care and relax!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!