Thursday, June 6, 2013

Writing Life after Babykins

I love baby toes!


Roughly nine months ago, I decided to take a break from writing. My little one was born recently. Cute and healthy! My writing projects have taken a backseat for a bit, it has been difficult setting time aside for them.

I did manage to update my website with a handful of books coming soon! I created the covers for them (below). Can you see my daughter and her friend in Hidden? It was fun taking it! As for RockStar and Eros, those took me about 3 house a piece. Kursed was also accepted by PDMI Publishing--the cover which I created a few weeks ago took me over 12 hours as I had documented it for prosperity's sake! I will reveal that soon!



PDMI has also hired me as their in-house illustrator! Yay! So excited. Also wondering how I'll manage to keep up with a new baby ...

My current project is to finish my YA inspirational, Baby's Breath (I plan to use my baby and teengirl as covermodels!)--about a young girl who finds herself  unexpectedly pregnant. She hides her growing belly and becomes terrified as desperation blinds her. My love for babies has spurred me to write this and it is my intention for my royalties to assist Project Cuddle in their goal for rescuing unwanted babies. I'm really excited about this and hope to find time to write this in between baby and hyper kids at home before the upcoming school year arrives!


What are your projects? I'd love to hear how you accommodate your love of writing!

9 comments:

  1. Awwww your baby's toes are adorable!! All the best with your current wip - and what a great cause you are supporting! Your children are gorgeous models! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy while you've been away! Cool you're doing artwork for the publisher now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some were practical, of course, but others were psychological
    and emotional. Local country clubs are offering trivia fun for as little as
    forty dollars per couple. 8.

    Also visit my webpage: fun pub quiz names ()

    ReplyDelete
  4. The decor on the inside of the restaurant is absolutely beautiful.
    * Team answer sheets - Basically a grid lined A4 type sheet with answer write in numbered
    boxes and a line on top for the team name. Ask your local club to run this for you.


    My webpage - Pub Quiz And Answers General Knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drop a comment when I especially enjoy a post on a site or I have something to contribute to the discussion.

    Usually it's triggered by the passion displayed in the post I read. And after this article "Writing Life after Babykins". I was moved enough to leave a leave a responsea response :) I actually do have a couple of questions for you if it's allright.

    Could it be just me or do some of these remarks come across as if
    they are written by brain dead people? :
    -P And, if you are posting on additional online
    sites, I would like to keep up with you. Could you list all of your communal pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter
    feed?

    Here is my weblog; melquiades

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know how I ended up right here, but I assumed this submit was great. I don't recognize who you might be however certainly you are going
    to a well-known blogger if you are not already. Cheers!

    Stop by my web blog :: lookuop []

    ReplyDelete
  7. Realized I hadn't heard from you in a while, and now I see why! Yeah, I remember baby toes like that, but they soon grow up :)

    Seems like you've become an anonymous spam magnet in your spare time too!

    I'm in the middle of revising novel #2 while trying to pluck up the courage to self-publish #1.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those baby toes! Wonderful covers!
    Congrats on becoming an illustrator, and working so hard on all your projects!
    I get my writing in before my kids wake up, or when they are busy with activities.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!