Saturday, July 20, 2013

Square One

Life has been really crazy since Babykins was born. Finding time to write is scarce, but I have a stash of books previous that I've submitted to a publisher and they *love* my work, so you will be seeing those SOON!

I miss my blogging buddies and the fun I had when I blogged. It is barely enough that I can keep up with Facebook (updating in single sentences and hitting enter is so much easier than composing here as well as feeding my blog!).

As a writer, I feel that I've slipped ten steps back from the start of my career. I haven't really been connecting with my fans as much as I'd like, especially during my pregnancy.

Darkspell was published with a small publisher who restructured her company and I lost all confidence in myself as an author. Sad, isn't it? But I haven't lost confidence as a WRITER! I like to reminisce upon the good old days when all I had to worry about was writing, but then again, a new world has been blessed upon me as a published writer because I've met *so* many wonderful people and gained many great skills (public speaking for starters).

I will try to blog and visit your blogs when time allows--I also want to change the look and feel of my blog, this one is much too dark for me now. I'm sorry for neglecting my blogdom world!

How do you climb back on the horse after a huge separation?

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new family member and all your books that are being birthed too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gail! It's a work in process. :)

      Delete
  2. Glad your upcoming books have a home!
    Just start back in, Elizabeth. Your blog still has a huge following. Devote yourself to once a week and then build from that point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're fabulous, Alex. Thank you for not forgetting me and still visiting--you're a true friend. *hugs*

      Delete
  3. Congratulations with the new baby! I think it is just fantastic to have you back. Take your time settling back in and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fabulous advice, really. Thank you! <3

      Delete
  4. Just plunge in, do it! Stops all the worrying. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, my advice would be to just jump back in with both feet, not worrying if what you're writing is perfect. Sort of like writing books, I guess. For me, at least - the best way is to just jump in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, true. Worrying is counter productive. :D

      Delete
  6. Hi gorgeous Elizabeth!! Awwwww your babykins sounds adorable!!! Oh social media could totally take over but they mustn't!! These days I blog once a week only and comment on the busiest day - which is Monday and leave the rest to when I feel like commenting! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wondered how you blog, you're so great at it! Thanks for sharing your hows with me! *HUGS*

      Delete
  7. I found it tough to get back to it after my first book was launched. I gave myself a couple of months completely off from writing to help my wife in the end of her pregnancy, and then with the first several weeks of having our twins at home.

    After that I started to get the itch, and I looked for opportunities to write. I had previously been in the habit of spending my entire lunch hour writing, and getting back to that felt like being able to breathe again after holding my head underwater. Unfortunately, the first couple of months of parenthood didn't allow me much of a chance to sleep, so it was very slow going. I've also cut down on my blog-reading, which is a real shame, but I needed to focus what time and energy I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul, yes, family does come first, I know. You're one great daddy, luck mommy and twinnies! <3 Thinking about it, writing is more important than networking because that's the one of the main reasons we authors network is to get our writing out there. What a double-edge sword!

      Delete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!