Friday, May 16, 2014

Knowing What to Write in a Blog Post

I think it should be whatever comes to your heart.

I know when I started several years ago, I wanted to sweep you off your feet with interesting topics. So I wrote every single day of the week--Sundays included--with patterned specific themes. That became tiresome. I held blog tours as well as guest posts and threw bloghops and other innovative events. It was fun! But maybe I tried too hard? I can't compete with that now! Ha.

Now I scratch my head in wonder with what interesting topics I can come up with for you. With audience in mind, I become paralyzed and then I lose myself in the 'rules' of what should please you (I have gone to writers conferences where they share with us on how to make your blog work for you). Oh boy... On top of that, I am bloggified out after more than a year when babykins has been born.


Have you lost yourself in topics that would lure readers to your blog? Or do you just write whatever comes naturally?

8 comments:

  1. I just blog about what I enjoy, which means movies, music, books, and sometimes games and geek stuff. Fortunately that seems to entertain others as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bravo, Alex! I see how popular your blog is! I'm happy to see you have found something everyone loves!

      Delete
  2. I mostly blog about what I enjoy, but some have garnered more interest so I developed them into a series (like the gem posts and website building details)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. I need to find something that works for me, too. :D

      Delete
  3. On the whole I blog whatever comes to mind, and I decided at the start not to hold myself hostage to a schedule. If I have nothing to say, I say nothing.

    Like Southpaw, I sometimes develop topics into a series. Right now I'm uncovering all the things I've learned need to be done after you have a story ready to be published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that, how you hold yourself to no schedule as well as doing a follow up on something you've written. I am my own curse, I swear! :P

      Delete
  4. Like Alex, I blog about what I enjoy or my interests. I like series or themes, too. I have a few general themes. And two blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to follow my own heart. I used to write what I loved best but then felt the pressure as a published author to write what others wanted to read. *sigh*

      Delete

Welcome to my blog! I love reading your comments, so please don't be shy and comment away. Also, because of the outrageous number of Anonymous Spam comments I've been receiving, I have opted from that availability--I apologize for any inconvenience!